Chapter 6

**************

PRESENT DAY

Hugo and I found some shelter 2 hours later after our hug moment together, in A  very small house pretty far from the River. It was abandoned, upstairs unable to get to since it was blocked by all this old stuff, the open spaces inside the house were clogged up with old furniture and all that, I didn't mind. Hugo and I needed somewhere to stay. I found a dirty rag blanket, and Hugo and I had to sleep on the rusty creaky floor. Luckily, I was able to find some water, clean water. I also found fresh berries, Hugo loves fruit. I hope he doesn't mind, what we have isn't a lot. I was on the floor with him, we were eating the berries, he seemed to enjoy them. 

''Amicia, are we going to stay here for tonight? I would to know, I don't like this place.'' Warned Hugo, looking at the dirty walls. I chuckled. ''No, Hugo. Just for tonight, we will stay here. I promise.'' I replied, catching a berry in my mouth. Hugo clapped with joy. ''Wow! Wow! do it again please!'' He exclaimed, smiling. I chuckled. ''Okay, one more time,'' I replied, picking up a berry and getting ready to throw it up in the air and catch it in my mouth. Hugo watched in awe as I flipped the berry up and caught it in my mouth, He giggled happily. ''Wow! I am going to try!'' He bellowed, I shook my head and laughed as I watched him flip the berry into the air and try to catch it in his mouth, he failed. I laughed again. 

''Ha! See, No one can beat the amazing, beautiful, powerful...AMICIA DE RUNE!'' I yelled happily, standing up and raising my arms in the air, smiling. Hugo smiled as well. I sat back down and chuckled, watching him try to catch the berry in his mouth again. I shook my head. ''Don't waste your berries, Hugo. I don't want you to be hungry.'' I warned, he nodded and looked behind him, the kid really like walls. 

It wasn't until I noticed there was something on the back of his neck. 

Veins. Or something- But it was purple. And it stretched along his neck. 

I paused. ''Hugo, Come here, in front of me. Turn around.'' I stated, Hugo frowned and sat in front of me, back facing me. I looked at his neck and traced the veins, There was something odd about them. ''Hugo...Are you feeling well? You are not sick like you were two years ago, are you?'' I questioned, his veins didn't look normal. He turned to face me. ''I-I dunno...My head has been hurting a lot though.'' He replied, I frowned. ''Hugo!? Why didn't you tell me?'' I demanded, he stuttered. 

''I-I- didn't want to tell you because you would just get mad at me, we already have enough going on! I'm sorry!'' He apologized, I shook my head. ''It's okay, It's okay, Hugo. But..You have to tell me when things like this happen, I'm your sister. You can tell me anything.'' I replied, he nodded. 

I pulled him in close for a hug, he grabbed onto me and hugged me back.