Chapter 13

I stumbled down houses lower at the bottom as I fell, I cut my face on a piece of glass and ut my leg, I had no idea where I was going. I screamed and continued to fall, I stumbled upon a top of a house, I fell off the roof and onto something that felt familiar. I coughed when I put my hand on my waist, I heard more mobs screaming and yelling, I wish I would get out of this nightmare. I winced and looked at what was surrounding me. 

I gasped as I saw a face. 

A dead one. Mouth open, blood all over his mouth. 

I screamed as loud as I could when I realized I was trapped within dead bodies. 

''HELP! SOMEONE HELP! HUGO! ELLIE! JOEL! PLEASE!'' I yelled, as I heard the angry mob fire arrows at me, I used the bodies on top of me for cover. ''PLEASE! HELP!'' I yelled again, The arrows dangerously shooting close to me. I then heard a familiar voice, Hugo's. And Joel's. And Ellie's! I watched Hugo's figure appear in front of me, I watched as Joel held Ellie tightly and shot the mob that fired arrows, Ellie pointed to me. She looked terrible. Bruises covered her face, she was limping, she had one of her hands on the side of her waist. I heard her faint voice, Hugo smiled happily and I reached out my hand, Joel pulled me out. 

I smiled and Hugged Hugo, I held his cheeks and he smiled. ''Amicia! You won't believe what happened with the man! We ran so fast and-'' I hugged him again, Joel touched my shoulder. ''You had a hell of a worse time than Hugo and I, you alright?'' I nodded, I then walked over to Ellie and hugged her tightly, she winced.  

Joel sighed. ''Come on, Let's go. At least we made it to the other side of the town, Let's go find some shelter. He told us all, He held onto Ellie as I carried Hugo slowly out of the town, the gate just before us. Joel pushed it open and I field entered, Hugo giggled happily. But it faded when he looked at me. 

''Amicia, You killed that man earlier. Why?'' He asked me, I paused. 

''Hugo...I did it to protect you. I am so sorry.'' 

I told him, he shook his head. ''It's fine...I am glad we are back together now! I can't wait to find a new home!'' He laughed, I chuckled, looking back at the gate that we exited. 

It was the last time I had my innocence. 

The last.