Chapter 45

THE NEXT DAY

I was doing a quick check through our cottage before we leave today. 

There really wasn't much to clear, Just a lot of Lucas's stupid books. 

Hugo found a rubber yellow yoyo, That could keep him entertained on our ride to France, I believe. 

Last night was...Decent. 

Despite all my coughing and having to go outside a billion times where rats circled around me, I guess everything was okay. Even though Lucas was at the table saying a billion prayers out of all his prayer books and nonstop talking and keeping me up the whole night!!?....Yeah. Last night was okay I guess. 

I cleared out the kitchen one more time, Won't you look at that. 

Another one of Lucas's prayer books. 

A light brown rubber cover with a picture of a rubber star, and billions of prayers inside. 

Curious, I opened up the book slightly and tried to read one of the prayers titled ''Hope, Trust and Love'', But since the writing was so tiny, I couldn't read any of the amazing prayer. Damn, Lucas can read this and he doesn't wear glasses? I should start eating Kale and carrots more I guess. 

Sighing and walking out the front door, I found Lucas setting up our two horses with a long hook or something attached to the wagon, The horses will be the main reason we get to France, They will be basically be taking us there along with our fixed wheel wagon, Lucas in the front of the wagon to direct our horses, and Hugo and I in the back. 

It's alright, as long as nothing gets out of control. 

I raised an eyebrow as I shoved the prayer book at Lucas who turned around to face me, He rolled his eyes. 

''My, My. Does this princess have an attitude today?'' 

He joked, I stuck out my tongue at him. 

''Don't call me that, Chienne.'' 

I teased, Lucas rolled his eyes again. 

''Oh, chere princesse. On dirait que nous avons une belle assiette de guerrier et un cote d'attitude, n'est- ce pas?'' 

Lucas replied, I gave him a mischievous smile. 

''Tais- toi, du cul.'' 

I raised my eyebrows and put my hands on my hips as I replied to Lucas jokingly, Who brushed it off. 

''S'il vous plait, ne me parlez pas putain comme ca, Princesse.'' 

Lucas laughed, I stuck my tongue out at him again as I looked at Hugo who played with his yoyo. 

''Hey, You ready to go?'' 

I asked Hugo, Watching Lucas finishing setting up the horses and sit in his seat, Waiting for Hugo and I to come. 

Hugo looked up at me sadly as He stood up. 

''Yes. I'm ready to go.''