Chapter 11

I felt a cold tap on my shoulder, a whisper in my ear. ''Amicia, come on...get up, time to go.'' Ellie's high tender voice entered my ears, I nodded silently and sat up, yawning as I rubbed my head. ''Went to sleep with a full belly, Right? Must had a good sleep last night.'' Teased Ellie, smiling as she put on her backpack next to her and stood up, opening the door and walking outside. I sighed and pet Hugo's head, I looked at the back of his neck. His veins were worse than before, it was just like 2 years ago when he was sick just like this, there had to be a cure. ''Hugo...Get up, we have a big day ahead of us.'' I told him, he opened his eyes and moaned, I laughed. 

''I'll let you ride on my back.'' I grinned, Hugo sat up and yawned. Ha! It always works. I smiled. ''Good Boy. Let's go.'' I took his hand and led him outside, Joel and Ellie were waiting. Ellie smiled at Hugo. ''Hey, buddy! Stay close to Joel, it's gonna be a long day.'' She sighed, staring at Joel who crossed his arms as he stared at me. ''Alright, everyone. We make our way to the town not far from here, we then cross through it and get on the other side, we then cross a bridge and see from there, you'll better stay close. Got it?'' Everyone agreed. ''Got it,'' I replied, Bending down and letting Hugo get on my back. Ellie began to walk, Joel grasped my arm as I tried to follow. I couldn't believe his grip. ''Now, you let the kid get off of your back when we enter the town, I don't want you two fooling around.'' He told me, I rolled my eyes. ''I'll take care of my brother, Joel. You take care of Ellie.'' I hissed back, raising an eyebrow. Joel sighed and rolled his eyes, walking away with Ellie as Hugo and I followed. 

A MILE LATER

''Damn it! Are we fucking there yet!?'' Ellie moaned, putting her hand on her head and trying to face Joel, who was behind Hugo and I quietly, I shouldn't have known we were walking so far, Hugo's so heavy.  I smiled slightly as Joel pointed towards an open bridge. ''Guys, stay close to me. Amicia, do you and Hugo know how to swim?'' He asked me, ignoring what Ellie had said. I nodded. ''Yes, I can. Hugo.. Not so well.'' I replied to him, sighing of the weight on my back.  ''Okay, then. Ellie doesn't know how to swim yet,  so Hugo can stick with me. Now, Listen. Like I said, stay close to me. Don't make a sound, watch what you're doing.'' Joel warned, grabbing Ellie's arm gently.  I could only see a glimpse of some brick houses on both sides of a street, rusty and old. Not a place Hugo and I would like to live in. Trembling, I nodded with everyone else and took Hugo off my back, Joel stared at him. ''Hugo, stay with me. Amicia, I don't want to hear you worry, I got him.'' I nodded and sighed, Ellie touched my shoulder. 

''You know how to kill, right?'' She asked me, I froze. 

''I-I-I have never killed a person before, Ellie.'' Ellie paused. 

''What the hell? You don't know how to kill a person?'' She hissed, I rolled my eyes and walked away, I needed to keep my innocence. Have they killed before?  If she didn't, why was she asking me? We continued to walk, Hugo kept looking at me, I shook my head. We walked over a rusty bridge, Hugo whimpered as he looked down at the water.  I touched his shoulder. ''Hey, You're okay. I'm right behind you Hugo.'' I reassured him, Joel looked to Ellie who was behind me. When all made it across the bridge, we all slowly walked inside the town. I looked to my left and right, moldy houses were scattered all around, windows were covered up and so were doors, it made me uneasy. We took a turn which leads to an open space, it smelt terrible. Suddenly, I heard a voice. No- voices. So did Joel, he gestured his hand for us to get down. Ellie pulled out her gun as Joel did as well, we all hid behind this broken piece of a barrier scattered around the place, different places.  I pulled out my sling stared at Hugo, he wouldn't stop trembling. 

I heard him whine, My heart stopped as Joel forcefully talked to him. I heard Hugo say something again, Joel pointed his finger at Hugo. The talking of our enemies grew closer, Hugo stood up and yelled, My eyes grew wide as I eyed the enemies not far from us, I frowned.