Chapter 39

I sighed as Lucas came next to me and took a small rag and wet it with the small bit of water dripping from the rusty faucet, wiping the cheese and sauce and the excess noodles stuck to the bottom of the plastic container. 

''So, What are we going to do when we make it to France? Settle into the safe castle you were talking about?'' I asked Lucas, wetting another container under the water and watching it fill up, bits of food falling out as I did so. Lucas shrugged. ''Yes, I think we will do that first. It will be a great place to live...I can't wait. I guess I just need company most of the time, Like you and Hugo. I hate being alone.'' Came Lucas's reply, I nodded. 

I tried to speak, But I was interrupted by my coughing.

Lucas bit his lip. 

''Amicia, You don't look well. The coughing...Are you okay?'' 

Asked Lucas again, I rolled my eyes. 

''For the last time, Lucas. I am fine.'' 

I replied, coughing again. 

''Okay...'' Mumbled Lucas, I shrugged it off. 

''You looked really Hungry, When I first met you. Watching you and Hugo chomp down that lasagna I gave you both...It made me feel better that you two ate.'' Recalled Lucas, I let out a chuckle as he handed me the rag to dry my container. 

''Once again, Thank you for that. Last time I remember having a real meal was the day before this whole Plague thing came back into the world...I remember gorging myself with roasted chicken, Steamed broccoli, Our famous De Rune chili...That was such a good dinner. Little did I know it would be the last real dinner I ever had...With Mother and Father.. And Hugo and I really happy...It brings good memories I guess.'' 

I sadly said to Lucas, who nodded in agreement. 

''I was given up by my parents when I was young...I honestly don't remember anything that happened in my past life...The last real meal I had was a French pepperoni pizza.'' Laughed Lucas, I let out a snicker. 

''You know, I used to have these little Macaroons when I was younger, I haven't had those in a long time.'' I spoke, Lucas made a chuckle. 

''They were called Macaroons Et Chocolate Chaid.''

I laughed, Lucas smiled as he piled the clean containers on top of each other. 

''I see. Your name is very hard to pronounce, By the way.'' 

Lucas randomly jokingly added, I rolled my eyes. 

''Why did your parents name you Amicia? I mean- They named your brother Hugo. Amicia is really hard to pronounce if you ask me.'' Lucas snickered, I put my hands on my hips and bit my lip. 

''Of course I don't fucking know why my parents named me Amicia! Probably They thought my name was proper I guess. And by the way, My name is pronounced: Uh-Me-See-Uh.'' 

I recalled, Lucas threw his hands up in the air. 

''I know, I know.'' 

He replied, I winked at him. 

''Good, Just making that straight.'' I winked, Lucas smiled. 

''Well, See you in the morning...We are going to hang tight here, get stuff we need or something.'' He ordered, I nodded quietly as I walked over to Hugo. 

I sat down on the floor next to Hugo as Lucas sat at the table with his small little prayer book, I closed my eyes sadly as I drifted off to sleep.