Chapter 22

Inside the university was beautiful. Glass windows all around the sides. A HUGE room. A glass floor. When I walk forward, I can hear my footsteps echo through the floor. What a great place to live....Hugo would love it here. There were wool curtains that were used to cover the glass windows, who knew this was a great place to be in? I sniffled and walked over to one of the glass windows, I could only see some small houses below, I looked ahead of me and saw a crowd of stairs, leading upstairs. I slightly smiled and began to walk forward, hoping to find a doctor that is alive, and can help Hugo. 

It wasn't until I was close to the stairs when I felt hands cover my mouth. 

Was it Ellie? It couldn't be. Ellie doesn't wear hand gloves that are leather. I frowned and kicked the person, I could hear her wince, it was defiantly a girl. I turned around and froze, She looked like someone I knew. 

Blue eyes. Ginger hair pulled in a low ponytail. Freckles. A mask covering her mouth. She wore clothes just like me. But her clothing seemed to be stealthier. She had a dark blue scarf around her neck, and she wore matching grey colored long sleeve shirt and pants, She gave me a deadly look as she pulled out her knife, and I pulled out my sling. 

We charged towards each other. 

She swung her knife at me, I blocked it with my hands as I kicked her in the leg. She winced again and threw me to the ground, she then came on top of me and aimed the knife at my neck, I blocked it as I grunted as she pushed it down onto my neck, I punched her in the face and she tumbled off of me, I then took out my sling and shot rocks at her, She dodged them all by doing flips or rolling over, She pulled out her knife and ran towards me, She then jumped don top of me and stabbed the knife right in my shoulder. 

I screamed out of pain, my screams echoing through the hall. I got down on my knees and pulled the knife out, I never felt such pain. I stood up wobbly and stared at her. ''Fucker!'' She yelled, watching the knife being thrown by me across the room. I pulled out my knife as she ran towards her knife, I then ran towards her and jumped on top of her I took out my knife and aimed it at my neck as she aimed her knife at my chest, I grunted as the knife got closer. She then kicked me off of her, I fell to the ground and winced, I could feel her pick me up and put the knife to my throat. 

I struggled to get her off of me, but I didn't want to take a risk. She did have her knife to my throat, she could slit my throat any second. I tried to scream, she covered my mouth. Now everything that I said was muffled, her leather gloves scared me. 

''I would be careful, Princess.'' She spoke, her voice soft.  She had the same French accent as me, but her voice was lower, a pinch of soft in her voice when she spoke, I gulped. ''I can take care of myself, asshole.'' I replied, still in her grasp, I noticed she removed her hands away from my mouth. I could feel her gasp. She took the knife away from my throat, I backed away and then turned to look at her. She stared at me for a minute, she then put her knife away. 

''Amicia?''

I froze. 

I couldn't help but nod, I could see her eyes grew wide. 

''Amicia...It's me!''

I frowned. She shook her head and spoke again. 

''Melie!''

''Don't you remember, Amicia? We were friends? Before all this shit happened?'' She told me, My eyes grew wide as she pulled down her mask.

I remember. 

The scar on her cheek. 

I remember the day she got that scar. 

When we were young...Playing with my wooden nail toy plane I got...She accidently broke it and a nail cut across her face....