Chapter 9

I was jumped on top of By a teenage girl. 

She was on top of me, she pulled out a blade and pushed it down onto my neck. 

I was able to get a clear image of her. 

Green eyes. Freckles. Auburn hair pulled back in a low ponytail. A scar across her right eyebrow, must have been through shit. She wore Black Jeans. A red raggy Shirt with a palm tree design in the middle, a yellow color behind the palm tree design on her shirt. She also wore a black long sleeve shirt under her red shirt, Different than what I wear.   I realized something as I examined her face closer. 

She looked similar to the girl who did whatever she did to Hugo that day on the field. She was much stronger than I thought. She has her knees on my chest, I could feel the blade barely piercing through my skin, It was so cold that I had shivers up my spine. Her eyes grunted out of pain and fear at the same time.. I could see how bad she wanted to kill me. I put my hands on the blade and tried to push it away, It wasn't working. I grunted and took my hand to the side of my waist, I used my right hand to keep the knife away from my neck. Right there, I felt my leather pocket. 

The leather pocket I used for my sling, that held rocks. Lots of rocks. 

I could feel the girl grunt, I didn't want to kill her at all. 

I need my innocence. 

But I had to. 

I had to protect Hugo. 

I managed to take out a rock and hit it hard on the girl's head.

 She immediately jumped off of me and fell onto the floor, she put her hand on the side of her head as I watched the blood trickle down the left side of her head, I heard her call a name. '' GOD DAMN IT, JOEL! JOEL!'' She yelled, her voice high as she cradled her head.   I backed away and looked towards the hall, I heard Hugo screaming. The girl looked back at me, I could tell she swore at me, the whole left side of her head was covered in blood. So was her hand that held it. I shuddered inside, I then aimed my sling at her head to distract her, I then ran into the hall and took out my knife to stab the man who chased Hugo, seeming to be named Joel. But before I could do so, I felt the girl come top of me again. Grunting, I flipped her over and came on top of her,  I hit her with another rock and aimed my knife at her neck. As it sank in, I felt a hard kick in my waist.  I winced and fell to the ground, I put my hand on my waist and crawled away, The man's figure appearing in front of me as he grasped onto Hugo's arm, Hugo screamed and tried to kick him, I stood up slowly and winced, I then aimed my sling at the man's head. 

I looked at Hugo. 

Fear entered through his eyes. 

I had never killed anyone before. 

I didn't want to. 

If I killed a person, my innocence will be gone. 

It would destroy Hugo. He was so young. 

Too young to have a person killed in front of his own eyes. 

My heart thumped in my chest. I kept looking at Hugo, then the man and the girl. I looked at the man. Blood on his pleaded shirt. Olive-colored eyes. Dark brown and light grey hair, a short beard. His arms seemed to be deadly, his pants were covered in blood. He held so tight onto Hugo, I couldn't kill him though. ''Let him go.'' I hissed, staring at the man. He frowned. He spoke. 

''No.'' 

He replied, his deep Texas voice scared me. ''I SAID LET HIM GO!"' I yelled, I walked closer. The man sighed and pushed Hugo to me, I put on my sling on and held onto Hugo, I hugged him tightly as I stared at the man and girl. I then put Hugo behind me. I didn't notice the man pulled out his gun.