Chapter 15

I didn't sleep that night. I kept thinking about Hugo. The veins on the back of his neck. His connection to the rats. How sick was he? What did this just happen now? I was inside the living room, looking at my armor. I was sleeping with Hugo, but I did get up and come out here, Joel slept on the small little chair in here as Ellie slept on the floor in Hugo and I's room, She was always up at night, I don't think this late though. As I looked at my leather pocket that had my rocks, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I gasped, I dropped the rocks don't the floor that made a thud, Ellie stood there, rubbing her arms together as she helped me pick up the rocks, I put the leather pocket back on my armor hook, I looked away. 

''Amicia! What are you doing up so late?'' She whispered, Looking at Joel. I led Ellie into the kitchen, I used the sliding door to have some quiet. ''Ellie, I have to leave,'' I replied, Ellie, put her hands on her hips, and looked up at me. ''Why? Why, Amicia? Why do you have to leave?'' She whispers hissed, I bit my lower lip. ''The veins, Ellie. On Hugo's neck. It's not something that will go away, I have to find a herb or something that will help him with it! I can't mess this up, Ellie! You have to understand that!''' Ellie rolled her eyes. ''Amicia, what happens if you die? I am sure Hugo's life will be fucked up when you are dead, think about that!'' She scolded, I looked at her. 

''Ellie, I can't let Hugo die!''

''I can't let you die either, Amicia!''

My eyes filled up with tears. 

''Amicia, look at me. I don't fucking care if you want to leave. You have to think this through, though. You don't even know what shit is going on with Hugo! If you went out, Amicia, what are you going to do? Walk around every single day? Not have a fucking clue on where you are going? Huh, Amicia?'' She growled, I slid open the door, she grabbed onto my hand. 

''You're not listening to me, Amicia. Do you even know what you're doing? Going without Me? Hugo? Joel?'' She recalled, I sighed. ''I have to do it, Ellie. I'll...I'll travel somewhere on the far end of the town, found a doctor who can help Hugo. Before we find a home, Ellie...I have to take care of Hugo. You know that.'' I responded, Ellie, shook her head. ''I'm coming with you. So will Joel and Hugo. We'll take you there, I walk you to the town.'' I sighed. ''Ellie- Please, you don't-'' '''Don't fucking tell me no, Amicia. Joel will find a horse. We'll all ride to where ever you need to go. I walked you there, then leave. Joel, Hugo, and me will find a shelter nearby, find that damn doctor and get him to Hugo.'' Ellie hissed, She pushed past me and walked over to Joel, I am sure she woke him up. 

I wiped the tears from my eyes and walked into Hugo's room, waking him up gently.