Chapter 24

''Psst. Amicia. Get up...We leave today. Get up...Amicia.'' I felt Melie whisper in my ear, Her cold breath startling me. I jumped and sat up, she put her hands in the air. ''Jeez, I didn't know you have become so aware, Amicia.'' I rolled my eyes. ''I've changed,'' I replied, yawning. She nodded and sat up, putting her mask back on. ''Alright, So...Is this the plan? We find a doctor upstairs kill mob guards if we have to, then run our little legs with the doctor across the town, then get on the horse with Hugo and your friends, I will stay with you guys for the rest of our time together, Hugo will be fixed and we all live happily fucking ever after.'' She recalled, I bit my lower lip.

''When you say it like that...Yeah, I guess.'' I replied, She nodded and walked across the delicate fancy room, I looked out the window. Outside was quiet, Huh. The mobs in this town are not early risers I guess. Maybe it will make it easy to escape today. I think. I shook my head and closed the curtains.  I followed her up the stairs, we took the left side. There were so many glass stairs, No railing. Man, Does this place want people to be tortured or what? I paused to take a breath and I put my hands on my knees, I looked at Melie who trudged on. ''Melie...Do you know where you are taking us? These are a lot of stairs.'' I breathed, She turned around to face me. ''Yes, Dummy. The left side will take us to the place where the mobs torture all the doctors, there are cells, cages, and a torture room. The right side will lead us to, well...That I don't know. Maybe a place for the mobs to hang out I guess.'' She replied to me, I rolled my eyes. ''How do you know all of that? Have you been here before?'' I asked, She rolled her eyes and tapped the side of her head with her pointer finger. 

''I'm smarter than you, That's all.'' She approved, I sighed and we continued to walk u[ the stairs. We finally made it to a HUGE long hall. I looked around. One the left side held the torture room, on the right side held a door that could have been the cages that held the doctors, and in front of me far away from Where Melie and I stood, I looked like a bigger place that held more doctors, But more dangerous than all the other rooms. I knew that was the room Melie and I had to go into, It was the biggest of all and had a lock, I gulped. Melie walked towards the torture room and stared at me, She opened the door and peeked inside. 

I could hear her whisper something, It set me off track. ''What?'' I asked, Uneasy as she stepped further into the room. ''Melie!?'' I panicked, Following her inside and putting my hands over my mouth, trying not to gasp. The walls. The floor. The limb stretching torture machine. 

It was all covered in blood. 

I tried not to scream as I saw a dismembered arm on the floor, showing it's bone and flesh inside. ''What the fuck happened here!?'' Blurted Melie, I shook my head. ''I- I don't know. But the torture machine...It's terrible. They must do this to the doctors who don't work their asses off forced to make a cure for the rats...I can't believe the mobs did this.'' I muttered, Melie touched my arm. ''L- Let's get out of this room. Let's head to the real room, the cages and all of that.'' She told me, I nodded slightly and followed her out the door, I couldn't shake off the feeling of how much blood was in there. 

She peeked through the cell door across from the torture room, She sighed as she came down from her tippy toes. ''Shit. There is nothing in here, just a little room. Looks like we are going to have to go in the room down the hall, get ready.'' She warned, pulling out her knife and walking towards the door, I followed. 

She tapped my shoulder. ''Shit...We need a key. Where can we find a shitty key!?'' She complained, I snickered and pulled out a key, the one I got from the guard I killed. Her eyes grew wide. ''Huh. You're badass, Amicia.'' She teased, I smiled and flipped my braid of hair back. ''That's me.'' I replied, giving Melie the key as she winked and used it to open the door. 

We slowly walked inside, I gasped out of how dangerous it was inside.