Chapter 26

I ran as fast as I could, I could see in the corner of my eye billions of mobs running towards me and Melie and Laurentis, I never knew there were so many angry killers in this town. I continued to run as fast as I could, Laurentis ahead of Melie and me.  Melie was behind, I could finally sense how scared she was. At least she will have a home to share with all of us together, Maybe Hugo won't talk to her though when he sees her, I am sure he remembers Melie, right? I panted as I looked ahead of me, Showing the exit of the town. And right there, right at the beginning of the bend. 

The Horse Willy. 

And right on top of the horse...

Waved Ellie. And Joel. 

And Hugo. 

I smiled bigger than I ever could, I turned to look at Melie still running. ''That's them, Melie! Ellie, Joel, and Hugo!!! We're almost there! Keep moving!'' I encouraged, Laurentis barely running. I shook my head and pushed him forward, we all got closer and closer to the gate. Ellie smiled and jumped down from the horse, So did Joel. I smiled as Hugo waved and a smile came across his face, I ran towards Ellie who ran towards me and Hugged me, Joel smiled slightly at me and pat my head, She then took out his shotgun and shot it at the mobs that chased after us, I could hear the screaming blood cries of the men and women who were shot, I tried to ignore the sound. 

Ellie held onto my shoulders and glanced at Laurentis, He moved slowly. ''That's the doctor? Man, He's slow Amicia.'' Ellie insulted him, I didn't answer. I instead pulled out my sling and shot it at the mobs behind Melie and Laurentis, Ellie took out her gun and began to shoot as well, I froze. 

Laurentis was running. As fast as he could go. 

But a guard swung his Machete at him. 

My heart skipped a beat. 

No. No. No. I have come all this way....NO!

I yelled and pulled out my knife, Ellie calling my name as I charged towards the guard that attacked Laurentis, I jumped on top of him and stabbed him with my knife in his face over and over again. I screamed as the guard's blood splashed everywhere, including splashing all over me. I then crawled over to Laurentis crying, I stared at his wound. 

He was hit in his ribcage with the machete. 

It dug deep into his flesh, He laid there with it stuck in his ribcage. 

I bawled my eyes out as I tried to get him up. ''Here...Get up...I am going to get you up...Get up!.... Come on Laurentis...I need you! I fucking need you! Get up!'' I struggled to get him up, I didn't know what to do as I began trying to pick him up on all sides, ignoring the fallen mob behind us. He coughed, as I tried to pick him up, tears flushing down my face. ''Amica...Leave me...I am fine. (Cough)'' I shook my head. ''No! All that I have done! I am not leaving you here! Let me get you up...Come on!'' I pleaded, Laurentis shook his head. 

''Amicia...Stop, Sweetie. Stop. I'm okay. I am so...sorry about everything that happened. I did vow to take care of you and your family...But I only did that when I was a doctor...I am so sorry I haven't seen you for such a long time...Tell Hugo I'm sorry too....(Cough) Amicia...Your brother...He is not sick my love.....(Cough) It's the rats, baby girl. You have to teach him...To embrace them.....Just the way your mother tried...Teach. My baby girl. Teach...You have grown so much, (Cough) Amicia...You are even bolder than the day I met you...Thank you, My dear. Thank you for being my grandaughter when we just met...Thank you for taking care of Hugo...(Cough)

''Thank...You...For being...There...For...Me...'' 

I put my hands over my mouth and bawled my eyes out, Watching Laurentis's eyes close. I laid my head down on his chest and cried into him, He had no heartbeat or breathing. ''(Crying) Laurentis...No!....No...Please don't leave me.....Please!'' I wailed into him...Until I felt a cold tap on my shoulder, I took out a rock and aimed it to throw at the person, instead, It was Melie, Who put her hands in the air. ''Amica! What are you-'' She stared at Laurentis, Dead on the muddy grass ground. ''Oh my god, Amicia...I-I'm so sorry...Come on, Let's go-'' As she spoke, I noticed a man charging towards her. Oh no. No. No.  ''Melie! Watch out!'' I yelled, She looked towards the man who charged towards her, Her eyes grew wide as she looked back at me.