Chapter 8

I took Hugo off my back and pulled out my sling. I looked at him and he nodded, he came behind me and walked right behind me, I eyed every single part of the field. Lights. House. A terrible ground. Quiet. No rats. But someone had to be home. Hugo held onto my waist as we continued to walk forward, I kept glancing around the field. ''Amicia...I don't think anyone is home.'' Whispered Hugo, His grip loosening around my waist.  I looked at him and nodded, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. 

I tripped over a large object, I fell to the ground and winced, I lost my sling. 

But I heard Hugo let out a small scream, I immediately grabbed my sling and aimed it. 

His eyes were wide, he was trembling. He was looking towards whatever I tripped on, His hands shook. I frowned, I look at what I tripped on carefully, I aimed my sling at the object. It became clear though. It was an animal. No-

It was a pig. 

A dead pig. 

My mind raced, my breathing heavy. It was ripped apart by rats, the smell made me sick. I stood up and covered Hugo's eyes, I looked around and noticed there were thousands. 

Thousands of dead pigs. 

All over the sides, near the light. Near the house. Suddenly, The ground began to shake again, I hesitated and grabbed onto Hugo's hand, I have no clue what to say to him. As the ground boomed and rats approached, I pushed Hugo forward again and shot my sling at the rats, they wouldn't die. Hugo tugged onto my waist and pointed towards the house, I nodded and threw rocks at the rats as hard as I could, It would hurt too much to kill them. Or would it? Hugo and I continued to run, he looked at me and pointed to the house, I smiled as we made it to the door. 

Hugo panicked, He kept tapping my shoulder. ''Amicia! The rats are getting closer! Hurry! Hurry!'' Her rushed me, I frowned. ''Hugo! It's fine, The rats won't go near the light! just lemme get this open!'' I pushed against the door to open it, it busted open and I shoved Hugo inside, I then came inside next and slammed the door, then locked it. I took my Sling out and took a breath, Hugo jumped of joy. 

''Yay! Amicia! We did it! I can't wait to have a new Ho- AH!'' I jumped, Hugo's figure disappeared in front of me. I panicked, I faced the sling to where he was, I boiled inside. I walked further and saw an old man on top of Hugo, a gun was pulled out. I yelled and aimed my sling at the man, Hugo screaming my name and backing away from the man. 

''HEY! YOU! GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU LITTL- AH!"