Chapter 17

The ride to the town was bumpy, very. Joel seemed to have a  stupid talent for rushing things, I was so afraid that Hugo would fall off the horse, even though everyone else including him was having a good time. That's what it felt like. Elli held onto Joel's waist as he was the head of the horse, She pointed to creeks and lakes and animals, Hugo smiled a lot. I never want anything to happen to him. It's practically why I am finding a good doctor for him, no matter if I die or not. Hugo looked to me, I snapped out of staring at his veins at the back of his neck. 

''Amicia! Do you see how fast we are going on the horse? Do you see? I named him Willy! Isn't he amazing?'' Chimed Hugo, I played with his hair. ''Yes, Hugo. I know. We are going on Willy the horse very fast, I am happy you are having a good time.'' I replied, uneasy as I kept Hugo steady, He, looking ahead. I gulped. A small little creek lied ahead of us, right around the bend that will lead into a dark town. I could find a doctor near a university, a Tall, brick house with its signature big clock right on the top of the university's point at the top, I learned it all from my mother before she died. I bit my lip and squinted, I could see how dark the town was far away. Over here, the sky was blue and the forest around us was clear, you could see small animals like bunnies sleeping, It stopped snowing just a few hours ago. But where I squinted over the town, I saw dark skies.  the body's of dead mobs hanged close to the entrance, I was relieved Hugo wasn't coming. I would face so many rats...I hope I don't die.

Willy the horse neighed as Joel slowed him down, I held tight onto Hugo as he smiled, I could see how happy he was. I whimpered as the horse stopped in front of the creek, Joel hopped off and he tried to help Ellie down, she refused and stuck her hand in his face, he rolled his eyes. He walked over to Hugo and picked him up, carried him down and I was next, I shook my head and hopped down by myself. Hugo came to my side, he waved to Joel and Ellie. ''Bye! It was nice meeting you! Ellie...Joel! Willy!'' Hugo chuckled, I stared at Joel who sighed. I gulped and bent down to Hugo's side, He frowned. 

''Hugo...Did I tell you before? Inside the cottage, remember?'' He shook his head, I sighed. ''Nevermind. Listen. I know you and I normally do all of our scary adventures together...But this time I am going alone. I am going to find you a doctor, for your head. But no one will be coming with me...I'll be alone.'' Hugo's eyes grew wide, tears filled them up. ''Hey...Listen to me. I am going to say this again. When I am gone, I need you to stay near Joel and Ellie at all times. No running off, no yelling or screaming or crying or chasing after butterflies or all that stuff you like. This is serious, Hugo. Please. Stay near both of them, I trust Joel and Ellie. You should to.''

Tears strolled down Hugo's cheeks. 

''But- Amicia...'' He whimpered, I bit my lower lip. ''Hugo, I will be gone before you know it. 3 days, okay? Not that long. I promise. But what you have to promise, Hugo. Is that you will stay safe, don't be stupid. I know you're not, so show me that. Okay?'' I replied, softly, I use dmy cheek to wipe away his tears. 

''Promise me, Hugo.'' 

Hugo looked at me, we locked eyes. 

 ( Begins to cry.) ''I promise, Amicia!''

He cried onto me, I hugged him so tight, I could feel his tears soak into my shoulder, despite the armor. He pulled away and I held his cheeks, I looked down at my necklace. 

''Here, Let's exchange necklaces. You'll have mine, I'll have yours.''

He nodded and I took off my silver necklace, a fallen tree mark right in the middle, he had the same. He I helped him take of his necklace, I slid mine on his neck and he slid his on my neck, I smiled. ''There you go. Now..Whenever you are sad..Or you feel you need me, You'll always know you are wearing my necklace...I'll always have you. And whenever I feel I am sad or need you, I'll know I am wearing your necklace, okay?'' I sniffled, He nodded and Hugged me again.