Chapter 18

I trudged through the cold creek water, I sank my teeth when I felt the water touch my skin, I shivered quickly as I began to get my whole body in the water, I breathed heavily as I swam slowly across. The creek water felt clean. No things floating around in the water, no dirt or dirty stuff getting caught on me, just a little mud. I sighed as I made my way to the other side, I climbed out of the lege that held dirt, I came out with Mudd slightly covered around my waist and hands. I make a disgusted face as I wipe it all off, I then made my way to the bend of the entrance. 

I pulled out my sling as I peeked around the corner, the entrance looked clear. I did see bodies hanging on high lights and all of that, and the little bridge that went over, dead mob bodies were hung by a rope. I took a dead breath and closed my eyes, I was too afraid to look at the bodies. I walked into the town carefully and kept my sling loaded with rocks close, my breathing slow and my eyes darting everywhere, I can't explain how scared I am. I walked closer and couldn't believe what I saw. 

I was up on a little ledge, I could see the whole town. Everything was dark and muddy, Little towns on each of the sides of the town with lights either on and off shining or not through the windows,  Bodies hanged not so far away from the houses. I squinted closer and saw cages of rats, screeching on top of each other, they must be used to kill the trespassers here. And I am one of them. Mobs were patrolling all around where the rats were, and the rest of the town. They must own this whole place. Not far from where the cage of rats was, I got a glimpse of the university! Tall point of the building, the signature clock right below the point, It was a brick building. It matched the university, I knew I had to head there. 

I found the plan. 

First, Make my way down through this door and find my way through the town. I'll have to be careful, I have no clue what I will find. Second, I will find a way to kill the mob using the rats, then use the rats as a distraction for the other guards that will probably try to capture the rats again, then I will find a key, find the university, use the key to get inside, find a doctor inside the university, and I will see from there. 

All I know is that the university is very important to the town, I guess the mob captured really good doctors to use for themselves, maybe the cure for the rats and what the infected Ellie was telling me about, maybe. They probably make the doctors work every single day of their lives...Just for some damn cure that will never work. I brought some money that I saved myself, perfect to get the perfect doctor out and to Hugo, and...Yeah. That's all. Snapping out of my thoughts, I made my way to the door just below me, walking down a ton of stairs and entering the middle of the town, I eyed the houses that had the lights on carefully. 

I gulped and pulled out my sling, I walked further into the town.