Chapter 12

Ellie stared at me and bent down, she reloaded her gun. ''Amicia, You did it! You killed someone! What's wrong?'' She asked me, I shook my head. ''Ellie, That's not good if I killed someone! It's not good at all! I am not innocent anymore! It hurts watching you and Joel kill people left and right, That's not what I do! I am not''- Ellie stood up, I did as well. 

Rats. 

Rats...They scattered all over the angry mob. Their dying screams echoed in my ears. I watched as the rats devoured them, Circling around their legs and faces, The mobs\'s weapons dropping as they tried to swing the red-eyed rats away.  I watched in horror as The rats exited the mobs and left their bones, making their way towards Hugo, Joel, Ellie and I.  I looked towards Hugo. ''HUGO! RUN! OH GOD, RUN! RUN!'' I yelled, Ellie grabbed onto my arm. ''SHIT! AMICIA, WE GOTTA GO! NOW!'' She yelled, shooting her gun at the rats. I shook my head. ''NO! NOT WITHOUT HUGO! NO!'' I screamed, Joel, grabbing onto Hugo's arm as I yelled for Hugo. ''Girls! Run! We'll meet you on the other side of the town! RUN! Amicia, I have Hugo! He's Fine! RUN!'' Joel yelled, he took out his gun and pushed Hugo forward, I shook my head as Ellie grabbed onto my arm and gestured, to me.  I couldn't leave Hugo!! ''HUGO! HUGO! HUGO!'' I screamed with terror, Ellie holding me back as she screamed my name. ''AMICIA! LISTEN TO ME! HUGO IS WITH JOEL, THEY ARE FINE! WE HAVE TO GO! WOULD YOU RATHER DIE AMICIA!?'' She yelled, I shook my head. I didn't answer her. ''Amicia, we can go on separated sides! It will still lead to the other side of the town! Okay!? Joel and Hugo took the right, That's quicker! You and I will go to the left, It's the same! Just fucking Run!'' Ellie yelled, She put away her gun and I put my sling in my pocket, we ran to the left side of the town. 

We went into the dark side of the town. Brick moldy houses doors and windows were all covered by hardwood, Everything was silent except for the screeching rats right behind us, I had no idea where to go. ''Ellie!? The rats are right behind us! What are we going to do!?'' I panicked, she looked around. ''I-I- Amicia- I don't know! This place is surrounded by shit! I don't know where to go!'' Panted Ellie staring at me.  I looked behind me. The rats got closer and closer, I held Ellie's hand and ran further. ''Ellie! Up there! That window is broken! It will lead us inside a house! Let me boost you up there!'' I yelped, Pointing to a broken window. ''Let me boost you up there!'' I yelled again, she nodded. We ran over to the side of a house that had a broken window not so far up from where Ellie and I were. I positioned myself against the wall crouching just a little, I then clasped my hands together as Ellie stepped on my hands with her squeaky sneakers, I then grunted as I boosted her up and she stepped on my shoulders, I felt her enter the window. 

I looked at the rats terrified that ran closer. ''Ellie!!? What do you see!!??" I quivered, Looking up at the window then the rats, back and forth. ''Uh...Amicia! There is nothing for you to climb on to get up here!!! I don't know what to do!'' She yelled, I could hear her scatter through things inside up there, I screamed. ''ELLIE! THE RATS ARE GETTING CLOSER!'' I screamed with fear, I saw her figure appear through the window. ''Shit! Amicia, are you heavy to lift?'' She asked, I frowned. ''I don't know! What are you going to do!?'' I replied, my eyes wide as I saw her arm reach out, I hesitated. ''Ellie! That's not a good idea! You can't carry me over the window!'' I heard her sigh. ''Amicia, I am not letting you die! Just fucking grab onto my hand!'' She yelled, I knew she was right. I shook my head and jumped up onto her hand, I could feel her grunt as she pulled me up, the rats barely touching my boots. 

I made it to the window slowly, I  then flipped over and laid down on the floor, Ellie put her hand on her knees and took a breath, I looked at her. ''Thank you, for that.'' I blurted, she shook her head. ''No biggie, Amicia. I am pretty proud of myself, I helped a 16-year-old over a window!'' She babbled, I sighed and stood up. ''Hm. Let's go find Joel and Hug''- ''Amicia! Watch out!'' Ellie jumped on top of me, I hit my head against a rusty table. I winced and put my hand on my head, My eyes grew wide.