𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

"WAKE UP," ASHLEY SAID as she poked her sleeping niece repeatedly

"WAKE UP," ASHLEY SAID as she poked her sleeping niece repeatedly. The blonde girl responded with a groan, rolling over away from her aunt that was trying to wake her up. Suddenly, the sweet smell of coffee reached her nose. "You like that?" April nodded. "Well, come and get it."

April finally sat up and reached her arm out for the mug, but Ashley retracted the hand holding the mug so that it was just out of reach. The Sharpe girl moaned, "Oh, you suck."

"I wouldn't say that to the person that's holding your coffee," the woman scolded playfully. April sighed, acting like she was giving up, but then, she lunged for the cup. It did not go as planned, however, because Ashley stepped away just in time, and April went tumbling onto the floor. "Nice try. If you get ready fast enough, it might still be warm when you get downstairs."

"I hate you," the teenage girl called to her aunt, her voice muffled by the carpet of her bedroom floor. She finally got up from her surprisingly comfortable spot on the floor and began getting ready.

Once she was done, she basically stumbled down the stairs toward the bitter smell of the hot coffee waiting for her. She sat down at the counter as her aunt made breakfast. The woman asked, "What's on the agenda for today?"

"Nothing, at the moment," the teenage girl answered, "But I think Scott and Stiles are going to look for Lydia again after school, so I might go with them." 

"God, I hate the thought of her being out there all night with no clothes. Us strawberry-blondes have to stick together," Ashley sighed, waiting for the light on the waffle maker to go on.

April nodded before flashing the brightest smile she could manage back at her. "I know. You should really rethink making me go to school. I could be out there, helping the search party find her so she doesn't freeze to death out there."

 "Nice try," said the older woman as she handed her niece a waffle, "But if I let you help out with the search party, then Sheriff Stilinski is going to know that I let you skip, and I might go to jail. You wouldn't want that, would you?"

"I guess not," April shrugged, smirking playfully.

They continued eating their breakfast with light conversation about school and friends, and when they were done, the younger girl grabbed her bag, said goodbye to her aunt, and started on her walk to school. She didn't walk every day. Sometimes Ashley or Stiles would drive her, but it was a nice day. She couldn't help but keep an eye out for Lydia, though.