𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THAT DAY WAS AN AWFUL ONE FOR APRIL

The number of times that she had heard 'I'm so sorry' or 'today must be so hard for you' was actually starting to drive her crazy. It seemed like the entire town knew what that day was, and the people that did not had heard it from the countless people that did.

"Ashley was right," the blonde groaned as she stood next to Scott's locker and glared at someone that looked like they were about to walk over to her and say something. She had seen many people like that that day, and they all had the same pitying look on their faces.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. He had given her a hug and tried to comfort her earlier that day, but when she begged him not to make a big deal out of it, he complied. They were now trying to act normal and like she was okay even though she most definitely was not. "About what?"

"I should have stayed home," she muttered, leaning her head against the locker next to his as she clenched her fists so hard that her knuckled turned white. "I am really close to punching someone right now."

"Well, it's not too late. Let's skip English. I can drive you home, and we could eat ice cream and watch The Sandlot," he suggested as he closed his locker, and they began walking to English despite what he was saying.

She sighed, "I do love The Sandlot, but, no, I have to get through this. I can't just sit at home every year. I have to just suck it up."

"No one would blame you for just sitting at home," the McCall boy told her, but when she just sent him a look telling him to drop it, he changed the subject. "You know, the strangest thing happened last night. I thought I heard some people talking in Isaac's room, and one of the voices sounded really familiar. Would you happen to know anything about that?"

"Would you look at the time? We're gonna be late for class," she exclaimed awkwardly before rushing ahead of him so that she did not have to answer his question. She knew that he would be able to tell if she was lying because of his supernatural abilities.

She basically collapsed tiredly into her seat when she got to English, and she began banging her head on the table. It was kind of gentle but also really violent. Scott was about to say something, as he had just come in behind her, but Elijah beat him to it.