𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE LACROSSE GAME, and Jackson was playing

As she arrived and saw all of the boys in their lacrosse jerseys, she couldn't help but think of a certain player that she may or may not have kissed just a few hours earlier. Calm down, April. You just didn't want to reject him when he was leaving. That's it. It was a good kiss, though — a very good kiss. Shut up, April.

"Why are you on the bench?" questioned the blonde as she sat down on the bleachers in her usual spot behind Stiles, ridding Isaac from her mind. What was unusual was that Scott was there with him and not on the field.

"I'm failing a bunch of classes, so Coach won't let me play," the McCall boy sighed before turning to the sheriff's son, trying to change the subject. "Your dad coming?"

Stiles nodded, pointing to the man on the bleachers next to Melissa. "Yeah, he's already here."

"Either of you seen Allison?" Scott asked.

April shook her head while the Stilinski boy answered, "No, you seen Lydia?" She fought the urge to roll her eyes at how sickeningly in love they both were.

"Not yet," the Sharpe girl told both of them before her eyes widened in realization, and she grinned at her best friends. "Oh, my God. You guys are bench buddies now. That's so cute."

"You know what's going on?" Stiles quizzed after both of them shot the blonde behind them a playful glare.

The werewolf exhaled deeply, bouncing his foot nervously. "Not yet."

"It's going to be bad, isn't it?" the Stilinski boy said, and when he didn't respond, he continued, "I mean, like, people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming kind of bad?

"Looks like it," Scott answered grimly.

Running a shaky hand through her hair, April breathed out, "Well, that sounds like a pleasant time."

"Scott, the other night, seeing my dad get hit over the head by Matt, you know, while I'm just lying there and I can't even move, it just..." Stiles trailed off. "I want to help, you know, but I can't do the things that you can do. I can't—"