𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

FINALLY BUT WEIRDLY, ALL OF THE CROWS dropped dead and were lying on the floor of the classroom

FINALLY BUT WEIRDLY, ALL OF THE CROWS dropped dead and were lying on the floor of the classroom. There were feathers and bird blood covering all of the desks that were in shambles, and the students were slowly starting to stand up and look around once they knew for sure that it was safe for them to do so.

"You okay?" Ms. Blake's brother, whose name April still did not know, asked her, offering his hand to help her up. She nodded slowly in response and accepted his offer, running a hand through her hair.

"Thanks," she muttered, shooting him a grateful smile, and she looked up at him with a questioning expression. "Um, sorry, you just, like, saved me, and I just realized that I never caught your name."

His eyes widened as he released her hand that he was oddly still holding. He rubbed the back of the neck nervously. "Oh, I'm Elijah, Elijah Blake. You?"

"April," she told him with a nod.

They shared a moment of awkward silence, glancing around the class nervously. April made eye contact with Allison, asking her with her eyes to get her out of the situation, but the Argent just shrugged. Elijah was the one who spoke up. "So, it's really crazy how those birds just ran into the window."

"I know. It's like they were crazy," she agreed, but then she had flashbacks to what happened with Lydia's car the day before. She thought about what Scott said. Her voice lowered as she realized it. "Like they were scared."

"Hmm?" the Blake boy questioned, not quite catching what she said.

April snapped out of her trance, forgetting her thoughts momentarily, and looked up at him, shaking her head. "Oh, nothing." Fortunately for her, her phone buzzed on the desk behind her, giving her an excuse to get away. She grabbed the cell and checked it before her head turned back to him. "Uh, it's my aunt. I should probably get this."

"Okay," he responded, and then he left her to go check on his sister who was sitting at the front of the classroom, talking to one of the deputies that had just arrived. Allison's father was also there, speaking to her.

After texting her aunt to let her know that she was fine and that she didn't need to be picked up, April made her way over to Stiles who was typing something rapidly on his phone. "What are you doing?"