𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

APRIL WAS OUT OF BREATH WHEN she was finally able to stop running

APRIL WAS OUT OF BREATH WHEN she was finally able to stop running. Why the hell did she hang out with werewolves? She hated running. Nothing made her happier than not running. So, that was why she was so thankful when she finally caught up with Derek, Isaac, and Scott.

"This doesn't make any sense," Derek was saying as she arrived and coughed violently. Isaac, who was standing next to her, gave her a look that asked if she was okay. She was not, but she nodded anyway. "The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there—"

The blonde girl furrowed her eyebrows because she knew absolutely nothing about what was going on, recovering as she looked between all of them and questioned, "Wait, what happened? Someone needs to catch me up on everything."

"Erica's dead, Derek's little sister, Cora, is alive, and she and Boyd are on the loose in their crazy werewolf forms. Oh, and they might have killed someone," the Lahey boy summed up for her.

She shot him a small smile even though she was still so confused. How many family members did Derek have, and did coming back from the dead, like, run in the Hale blood? "Thanks."

"How are they moving so fast? They can't be that fast on foot," the Alpha pointed out impatiently with his arms crossed. He was clearly not convinced that they were the cause of whoever's death.

"They killed someone," Scott emphasized, trying to make sure the man understood the gravity of the situation. "Some totally innocent kid is dead, and it's our fault."

Derek stared at the ground for a second, thinking, before correcting glumly, "It's my fault."

"We need help," the McCall boy insisted, and that made April a bit nervous. Who were they going to call for help to track down two clearly very fast werewolves that hadn't been let out in months?

The Alpha nodded to his Beta right next to him that still had nothing to contribute to the conversation since explaining to the Sharpe girl what happened. "We have Isaac now."

"I mean real help," Scott told him, and that made the blonde girl snort a little bit as the blonde boy looked a little offended. When they all shot her a look, she tried and failed to pass it off as a cough and gestured for him to keep talking. "They're too fast for us, for all of us. They're too strong, too rabid..."