𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

CHRIS HANDED SOME OF THE STAKE devices to April once they reached the school for her to spread around the building

CHRIS HANDED SOME OF THE STAKE devices to April once they reached the school for her to spread around the building. He was showing her how to activate one when Scott and Isaac ran past them. The Lahey boy kept going, but the McCall stood next to them.

"Do you see that?" Argent questioned, staring off into the distance. The Sharpe girl furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but she followed his gaze to see a small, yellow orb flying past them.

She nodded slowly, confused about what he was trying to point out. It was just a firefly. Nothing special about it that she could tell. "Yeah, it's a firefly. What about it?"

"It's, uh... it's very unusual. The, uh, California fireflies aren't bioluminescent," the man informed them, and she could tell that this was something more than just glowing bugs. When Scott looked confused, he explained, "They don't glow."

"Does that mean something?" the werewolf asked, looking to the hunter man with a worried expression. Chris's face told them that he did not know, but he did not have a good feeling about it either.

They were interrupted before he could answer by a distant howl coming from the other side of the school, near the fields. So, they all hopped in Argent's car, and he slammed on the gas. While he was driving, he grabbed the gun from the passenger's seat.

"April, take this," he ordered, tossing it back to her, and she stared at in in shock and fear. What the hell was she going to do with a gun? "Only use it if you absolutely need to. Just take the safety off and fire."

The blonde girl looked to her best friend with wide eyes. He just assured her, "I doubt you're gonna need it. Just in case, you know?"

"Okay," she replied with a nod, looking down at the weapon in her hands. Chris honked the horn loudly as they approached Boyd and who April assumed was Cora standing in front of Isaac who had his claws out, ready to fight.

As the headlights fell on them, they sprinted away and toward the door to the school where Derek was waiting. Once they saw him, they looked to each other before jumping and beginning to climb up the side of the building.