𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR PARTY?" APRIL ASKED DANNY as they sat on the stairs of Derek's apartment

"ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR PARTY?" APRIL ASKED DANNY as they sat on the stairs of Derek's apartment. He had invited her over early to help set up, and they had just finished. All that was left was waiting for people to show up.

"I think I am," he answered with a smile, and he glanced over to where Ethan was standing and hanging a decoration — with no shirt. He coughed and looked down but it was too late. April already caught him. "Yeah, I like it."

She chuckled and took a sip of the beer in her hand. "I don't think that's the only thing you like."

"Shut up," he responded, bumping her shoulder with his as he tried to hide the blush that appeared on his face at her words, causing her to smile. "What if nobody comes to the party?"

"People are coming to the party," she assured him. She knew that for a fact.

He looked at her suspiciously, wondering if she was being serious or if she was just trying to make him feel less nervous about it. "How do you know for sure?"

"I personally know a ton of people that are going, and I heard a bunch of people talking about it in the hallway," she informed him. "Stop worrying. It's going to be fine. Worst comes to worst, you and I get super drunk and have a dance party, and then you get laid by Mr. I'll Do Anything To Get Back Into Danny's Good Graces over there."

"I hate you. Is Isaac coming?" he asked her, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

She looked at him in confusion and suspicion, wondering where he was going with that. She knew it could not be good because he had been teasing her a lot about the Lahey boy recently. "Yes, he is."

"So, you'll get laid too."

"You are so dead, Daniel Mahealani!" she yelled before lunging at him. He quickly got up and ran away, beer falling on the floor as they ran. She finally just set hers down on one of the tables before continuing to chase him. "Get back here!"

He sang with a grin on his face, "April and Isaac sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love..." He trailed off when he noticed about ten people standing in the doorway, watching the interaction play out. April spun around as well, and her eyes widened as she froze in place.