Chapter 3

"Miss Cox, the winner again!" Slughorn announce as I stood on the duel table with my hands above my head as Slytherin House cheered me on.  My grin was smug but it was well deserved in my opinion.

What could I say? Voldemort might've been evil but he was a brilliant teacher. 

"Vance!" Flitwick shouted as my next opponent. 

The pretty dark-haired girl climbed onto the stage and we approached one another, shaking hands before stepping back and drawing our wands to our sides. "And commence!" Dumbledore hollered, 

"Stupefy!" I shouted as soon as the words were off Dumbledore's tongue, flinging off the ground. It took me by surprise when she landed on her feet. "Expelliarmous!" She shrieked but I deflected it with ease, 

"Incarcerois!" I snapped back and ropes immediately began wrapping ropes around Emmeline's arms to her side until her wand slipped from her grip. 

Cheers erupted from the green and silver quarter of the room as I defused the spell on Emmeline and let her go. 

And so, the people went on and I kept winning. Voldemort had taught me how to be agile, how to dodge spells and how to never miss. I'd never been the best dueler, especially not when it came to duelling with rules but everyone I was up against wasn't exactly good at duelling.

Until McGonagall called his name. "Black!" She hollered. 

The Gryffindors cheered as Sirius climbed onto the stage and approached me. He held his hand out for me to shake, which I did. "Your winning streak is over, Lillian," He said calmly, 

"Don't think so highly of yourself. There's no rule claiming that my snakes can't join us tonight."

"You must be very threatened of me indeed," Sirius said with a smug smile, pulling his hand away from me and stepping back.

"I want a fair game!" Dumbledore hollered, "Commence!"

"Indencio!" I screamed out before Sirius got a chance. The flame configured into an eagle, soaring above Sirius before diving at him and forcing him to collapse to the ground quickly. The flaming bird circled me until it became nothing but ash. "Stupefy!" He hollered, sending me flying back but I managed to land on my feet, only for him to fire another spell at me, forcing me to collapse to the ground. 

But my wand was still in my hand as I staggered to my feet despite the pain in my ribs, "Pullus!"

Sirius furrowed his brows at the spell hauling towards him -- trying to find a counter-curse but it had already hit him. 

And he was already a chicken. 

Laughter cracked through the hall as I brushed myself off. 

Sirius began racing around the stage in horror while I rolled my lips into my mouth, a loud cackle leaving my lips at the sight of the black rooster in front of me. 

"Turn him back, Miss Cox!" McGonagall screamed, 

I flicked my wand and transformed him back. 

Sirius was on the ground but he was quick to his feet, staring at me with fury in his eyes. His cheeks were scarlet from how terribly I'd embarrassed him. James grabbed his wrist and guided him back into the Gryffindor section. 

"Enough for tonight, ladies and gentlemen!" Dumbledore hollered, "Lillian Cox is the standing duel champion until next month!" 

The Slytherin group cheered for me as I stepped down, feeling nothing but hands on my shoulders, cheering me on as Evan bent down and hoisted me on his shoulders before standing up. I sat on his shoulders as they cheered my name.