Chapter 53

I decided to join everyone outside the hotel room while we waited on Sirius. After a few minutes, he walked out of the hotel room, rubbing his nose.

Euphemia, Fleamont and Zachary all joined us for dinner, as was planned.

"You really saved us, Lillian," Fleamont told me, "It was extremely impressive, how did your dragon know where to go?"

"Mehen went to Riddle Manor and led him to your house," I explained,

"Zhurong ripped off that other dragon's wing too," Marlene said with a grin,

"When was that?" Euphemia asked, pausing, "Oh, my goodness, was this when you two were riding it?"

"Um," Lily placed her hand over her mouth as she finished her mouthful, "Yes, it was,"

"And you're both alright?!"

"Yes, we're fine," I said with an easy smile.

"We should go find him after dinner," Lily grinned,

"Never wake a sleeping dragon," I said, shutting down the idea quickly.

I'd left the restaurant for a fag while everyone waited for dessert to arrive. Sirius had insisted on joining me but Mehen had to speak to me, he'd been at my feet all night.

"Mistress, I believe that we will not hear from Voldemort for months." Mehen hissed,

"Yes, I know," I took a drag of my cigarette,

"But it won't mean we won't hear from the other death eaters. We must attack now, they are vulnerable and seeking out a revenge plan. Voldemort has the best healers there is, it won't be long. We must burn Riddle Manor. They are defenceless against a dragon."

"They have Madelina Balaur, she will seek out another beast." I protested, "One far greater than Zhurong,"

"It will take time for the potion to brew, now is our only chance, Mistress,"

"We can't tonight, Mehen—"

"We must do what we must! If you wish to win this war, you will burn everything to the ground,"

"Mehen..."

But he was already slithering off, towards where Zhurong was hidden at speeds too fast for me to catch him without chasing after him.

I glanced behind me, seeing everyone through the window, realising a seat was empty. I turned to the door, staring at my brother.

"You aren't going anywhere," He said slowly, "It is a too greater risk,"

I glanced towards Mehen, who I was beginning to lose in the light, "If we are to win this war, I must,"

"He's using you! That snake! He's just thirsty for revenge!"

"Revenge is the only reason there is a war," I said, transfiguring into my Animagus and taking off.

When Mehen and I arrived at the forest, we soon heard crying. I slipped through the trees, facing the death eaters all wearing silver armour. Zhurong was opposite them with a silver chain hooked around his neck, causing burns to seep through his hardy scales. I was back as myself, making them all turn to me.

Zhurong suddenly roared, shaking his head and body vigorously in an attempt to shake off the chain.

"The more he moves, the tighter it gets," Madalina told me,

"Zhurong, still," I commanded and he hesitated before falling still beside me. I cocked my head, gesturing for Mehen to try and get it off him, which he did.