Chapter 18

LILLIAN COX'S POV:

Sirius leaned down and he kissed me.

Everything faded into oblivion. My aching bones ceased to burn and the blood on my skin dried. The crinoline gown I wore was no longer smothered in another's blood and the tears I had shed dried on my cold cheeks. The fear of being discovered left my mind – everything faded.

Everything faded into oblivion until only Sirius and I were left. Until Sirius completely and utterly consumed me.

I clung to him, pulling him in closer until there was not a slither of air left between us. His bare chest was warm against mine and he didn't care one bit about the blood smeared across him. I'd never felt softer lips than his. No one had ever smiled against my lips like he did. No one consumed me with warmth like he did.

And regardless of the lack of air in my lungs – I could finally breathe.

"You are so achingly beautiful," He breathed into my lips, making an uncontrollable smile tug at my lips. As he went to pull away for air, I only pulled him back into me, forcefully. 

My hands shifted to his ebony hair, digging my nails into him when he tugged on my bottom lip. A whimper left my lips at the sensual feeling, only making Sirius's smile widen. I pulled him in closer by his hair, parting my lips for his hot prodding tongue. Sirius tightened his hold on me as he became hungry. No longer was the kiss gentle and loving, instead it had been replaced with desire.

It was only as he began to lower me down onto the Persian rug beneath us, were we torn apart by the thumps of feet rushing down the stairwell.

And just like that, the moment ceased and the oblivion faded.

Sirius let go of me quickly and staggered to his feet when James Potter and the rest of the Marauders at the end of the stairwell. Sirius held his hand out for me to help me to my feet. I clung to him, struggling to balance on my weak legs.

"Lillian?" James furrowed his brows, "What happened? What are you doing here?"

I glanced over Potter's shoulders before back at him, "You said Potter Manor's back door was always unlocked," Tears had welled in my eyes, uncontrollably. I was stronger than to cry in front of so many people... But I just couldn't help it.

A smile pulled at James's lips -- A smile that looked as though there should be knives piercing it with the tears in his eyes but I couldn't help but mirror his joy. Without another word, he approached me and he enveloped me in a tight hold, wrapping his arm around my back and pulling my head into his shoulder.

"So, you won?" He whispered in my ear,

I laughed uncontrollably, pressing the bridge of my nose against his shoulder to wipe my tears, "For now, at least,"

"I knew that not even he could take away your fight,"  

The only thing Voldemort had never been able to strip from me -- the only thing that my father could never beat -- the only reason I stood in Potter Manor -- the only reason I was still alive. 

After another long moment, James pulled away and continued to smile at me, glimpsing over at Sirius before back at me, "You're not hurt, are you?"

"Nothing Sirius hasn't already healed," I too stole a glance of Sirius, a small smile on my lips,

"Then," James went on, "I believe that we ought to celebrate,"

"Celebrate?" I furrowed my brows, "What are we celebrating?"

"You," Lily rolled her eyes, "You're here -- you escaped,"

"Have you got any whiskey?" I folded my arms over my chest.