Chapter 64

SIRIUS BLACK'S POV:

Late 1987

You see, in my head, I had a family. 

In my mind, I'd created an extravagant and precise life. One with Lillian and Cassiopeia, with James and Lily, Marlene and Moony. And every day I lived in my little fantasy. 

Like today, I was working at the tattoo parlour, speaking with Marlene who was my coworker. Lillian was an FBI agent like she wanted to be and she'd been on a trip -- to LA or New York. 

"What are you doing tonight?" Marlene asked me as she cleaned up her station.

I yawned, checking the time, "I've got to pick the kids up, then we're all going to meet Lillian at the airport."

I said, kids. That's right. In my little fantasy, there was Cassiopeia, the oldest. She was the best daughter and father could want -- she was as brilliant and as smart as her mother and she was a great hockey player. She was energetic and playful and I loved her. Then, there was Regulus. Regulus was only a year younger than Cassiopeia, he was far more reserved but he just adored playing the piano. Then, there were the twins. Epsilon and Étoile. They were the rascals of the house, always on Cass and Reg's nerves. 

Marlene smiled at me, "Better get going, Padfoot."

I sighed and left the parlour. I drove in my BMW since that was my favourite car and first, I drove to preschool I think American's called it. And as I pulled up, I could see my two daughters. 

All of our children had dark hair, that was inevitable -- but only Étoile received her mother's forest-like eyes. Lillian had said that it was the only resemblance any of our children had with her but that wasn't true -- Cassiopeia was becoming a spitting image of her. "Daddy!" Étoile squealed, rushing up to me. I bent down, bringing the two dark-haired girls into tight holds as I kissed both of their heads. 

"How was school?" I asked as the two girls took hold of both my hands, skipping beside me as we walked to my car.

"We got to see baby chicks!" Epsilon squealed eagerly as I opened the car door for both of them. I lifted Étoile up first, helping her into the car before I helped Epsilon. "I hold one!" Étoile said excitedly, 

"Well, that's very exciting, isn't it?" I smiled, "Guess who's coming home tonight?"

"Mummy!" The two exclaimed in sync,

"That's right," I said as we began to drive down the road to the elementary school. Cass was in the third grade and Regulus was in his second. I adjusted the radio, playing the ABBA disk, which Lily had made sure all the kids adored. 

"Tonight the super trouper, lights are gonna find me!" Epsilon sang in her high-pitched voice,

"Shining like the sun!" I grinned, joining in with the girls,

"Sup-per Troup-per!" Étoile clapped her hands, 

"Smiling having fun!" I sang,

"Super trouper!" Epsilon shouted, completely offbeat. If Lily and Lillian heard that, they'd be so disappointed.

"Feeling like a number one!" We all held up our index fingers as we pulled up to elementary school. Regulus and Cass were shoving each other, racing up to the car. Both of them grabbed ahold of the passenger's door, pulling it open as they bickered. "It's my turn!" Cass whined, "Reg, you're in the back!"

"No!" Regulus protested, shoving his sister but Cass shoved him back,

"I'm the oldest!"

"It's my turn!"