Chapter 52

I sat at the dining table, opposite Andromeda and other Order members while Euphemia and Lily insisted on bringing down the food alone. Sirius was holding my hand on the table but he was the only one wearing a wedding ring. My eyes were darting around the room, listening for any sudden movements or loud cracks. James and Sirius were laughing about something terribly loudly as we ate, Euphemia chuckling too. Harry was sitting on James's lap but Harry was grabbing chunks of food from James's plate when he wasn't looking and throwing them on the ground.

It was lovely, it was so bright and everyone was so happy but I just couldn't focus on a single thing. My head was beginning to hurt as I sat there, silently. My knee was bobbing and my eyes were darting as I added chuckles and yeahs to certain conversations to seem included.

No one had asked me anything in at least thirty minutes. Sirius was busy catching up with his cousin. I'd be speaking to Mehen but Zac would be able to understand what Mehen was saying. I placed my head in my hands as I grew dizzier the second. "I need to go to the bathroom," I stood up, leaving my half-eaten dinner as I walked upstairs, into the bathroom.

I lent over the toilet and vomited all of the delicious dinner. My head was hammering as I continued to choke and gasp for air. More bile rose up my throat, causing me to gag terribly.

What the hell had I eaten?

My mind shouldn't have gone where it went. But it did.

Suddenly, I worried everything was an illusion. Was it really Euphemia and Fleamont or were they really death eaters? Was I hallucinating? Where was I really? Had I been drugged? Was this why I was spewing my guts up? Was that why I was so dizzy? Has someone drugged me?

I wasn't vomiting anymore but I was still sitting over the toilet, still dizzy and still gagging at the vile taste in my mouth. "Lillian?" I heard Sirius's voice on the other side of the door, "Are you alright?"

"Yes!" I replied croakily, closing my eyes as my heartbeat hammered in my ears. Sirius cracked open the door, spotting me on the ground and immediately slipping into the bathroom. He closed the door and bent down beside me, pulling back my hair when he saw the vomit in the toilet, "Fuck, are you alright?" He asked frantically, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I shifted, grasping his forearm and going to place my head on his chest but he leaned over and grabbed toilet paper, wiping my mouth before letting me sink into him.

"I think I ate something real bad," I murmured, curling my knees to my chest,

Sirius pressed the back of his hand against my forehead, "You're quite warm, darling,"

I buried my head deeper into his chest, "I know,"

"Is Lil alright in there!?" James called out,

"Yeah, she's just not feeling too good!" Sirius helped me to my feet as my head continued to hammer.

"Do you want to lie down?" James cracked the door open to step through,

"No, I'm alright," Sirius let go of me and turned away as he flushed the toilet.

"Did you spew?"

"Mhm," I rubbed my neck nervously,

"And you're feeling nauseous?" James asked,

I nodded, folding my arms over my chest,

"Are you sure you don't want to go lie down?"

"I don't want to ruin lunch more than I already have," I chuckled,

"Don't be daft, just come have a laydown," James took my hand, pulling me away from Sirius and leading me into his and Sirius's old room. Harry's cot was set up and the baby boy had been put to rest. And Mehen was coiled asleep in the same cot.