Chapter 71(!)

Lucinda grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the large tent to reveal the fire that burned through the tents. She kept a hold of my arm, "We need to find your kid!"

"This way!" I pulled her along but we had to travel over the stadium,

"Hey, Lil, how long has it been since you've been on a broom?" Lucinda took a hold of hers.

"Luci, no fucking way,"

She was already on her broom, throwing me one of her teammates, "Hurry!"

I hesitated before hoisting myself on the broom. I held onto the handles but Lucinda had already taken off, standing up on her broom above me, "Come on, Lil!"

"Give me a second! It's been fifteen years!" I jolted my leg, flying up to her.

"Stand up!" She grinned,

"Fucking hell, I hesitated, pushing myself to my feet. I held my hands up, looking at the empty stadium surrounding us.

"See!? You've still got it in you!" She said, "But we can do this later!" She zoomed off,

"Luci!" I quickly dropped back onto the broom and chased after her quickly.

The fires were extinguished as we approached them. It was dark and cold and empty. "This way," I swerved, leading her towards the sounds of voices.

"Stupefy!" We heard voices shout and we both flew down to Barty's father.

"Mr Crouch! Mr Crouch!" Lucinda hollered, stumbling off her broom moments before me before we both ran towards him.

Barty's father turned to us, keeping his wand raised, "Girls! What are you both doing here!?"

"What are you doing!?" I snapped when I saw Ron, Hermione, Harry and Cass all huddled together,

"These people conjured the dark mark!" He exclaimed,

"No, they didn't!" I snapped,

"How are you so sure, Lillian?"

"They are children! That's my daughter – They cannot even perform spells outside Hogwarts yet – You really think they are capable of this?" I panted, holding onto Lucinda's forearm for support.

He turned to us, "Where did you both spend Christmas in 1974?"

"With you and Barty," Lucinda answered calmly,

Barty Crouch Snr. nodded to himself, turning to Cassiopeia, "You look so much like Regulus, Cassiopeia – She is Regulus's daughter, correct?"

"Wrong brother," Lucinda cleared her throat uncomfortably.

"You're Sirius's daughter." Barty slowly turned to me, "Lillian, do you know where Sirius Black is hiding?"

"No, Crouch, I don't. You really assume I would know where the man that betrayed me is?" I scoffed, "I have had countless of betrayals over the years – One including your damn son but like I never forgave Barty, I will never forgive Sirius,"

Sirius and I had practised this speech.

"Apologies, Lillian,"

"He went that way," Harry interrupted, pointing towards nowhere.

Mr Crouch turned his attention from me, staring off into the distance, "Where!?"

"That way! A man!" Harry exclaimed and Mr Crouch ran off.

"Fucking hate that cunt." Lucinda muttered,

"Like father like son much," I elbowed her in the ribcage lightly before turning to the four children. "Jesus Christ, you four, can you not stay out of trouble?" I approached Cass, cupping her cheeks and kissing her head, "You're okay?"