Chapter 50 (!)

SIRIUS BLACK'S POV:

Moony was back as himself, still asleep as the wolfsbane began to wear off as we all stood in St Mungo's Hospital. I'd seen Zhurong at Diagon Alley, but Lillian was nowhere to be seen. Dumbledore had forbidden me to go after her. And despite my attempts to get away, he caught me and sent me home.

There was a sudden banging beneath the ground, making me turn to Dominic in confusion. "Help!" A muffled voice shouted beneath the floor. My brows furrowed as I approached the old manhole in the hospital ground. "Help me with this," I told Dominic and he grabbed the other side of the metal plate and lifted it up.

A familiar long-haired blonde scampered out of the hole, coughing and gasping for air. She stumbled towards me, making both of us step back.

"What happened?" Dominic asked in a cold tone,

"A man – a death eater – I was trying to find Borgin and Burkes—"

I noticed Lillian's dagger in her grip, "What are you doing with that?" I snatched the dagger from her grasp.

"Lillian gave it to me," Stephanie gasped for air,

Dominic's eyebrows raised, "No, she didn't,"

"Yes – she saved me – she led me to the tunnel – And she gave it to me," Stephanie cried, trying to fall back in my arms but I stepped away.

I turned to Dominic but he kept a stoic gaze,

"Dragon!" Dumbledore shouted so loud the entire hospital heard. His shout was soon followed by a wall-rattling roar and a loud crash which caused the ground to shake. Everyone made their way outside the hospital, to see the familiar Chinese Fireball.

"What do you want, Cox!?" Dumbledore shouted,

Except all wands lowered once her feet were on the ground.

A little girl, no older than five was laying limp in Lillian's arm, "She was bitten," Her eyes darted across our faces frantically but her face was cold and composed. Madame Pomphrey pushed through the crowds, towards Lillian and took the little girl. The two exchanged whispers before the child was taken from Lillian's grasp. Her hands were left bloody.

"Were there any other survivors?" Dumbledore asked,

"No." She said as Zhurong lowered his head for her obediently,

"Where are you going?" Lily blurted,

"Voldemort will be suspicious if I don't return soon."

"Lillian, your dagger." I approached her, refusing to be threatened by Zhurong's snarl as she dropped back to the ground. When I was close enough to her, I took my chance and cupped both of her cheeks, pushing the hair out of her face and kissing her head, "Stay," I whispered as she placed her hands on my wrists,

"Sirius, Voldemort—"

"I don't care what Voldemort does," I pulled away so I could admire her. I brushed the pads of my thumbs against her delicate cheekbones, "Stay, please,"

"I don't have a choice, Sirius," Lillian tightened her grip on my wrists and I really didn't care that they were bloody, "Too many people will die if I stay,"

"I don't care,"

"Well, I do,"

There she was. There were those gentle forest-like eyes. The flame had finally died and left nothing but a peaceful forest.

I sighed, pressing my forehead against hers, "I'm not letting you leave,"

"Sirius," Lillian said, breathily,