Chapter 75

"Merry Christmas!" Cass jeered excitedly, early that morning as she barged into Sirius's and mine's room.

I groaned, pulling the covers over my head while Sirius, who's chest pressed against my back, was still sound asleep. "It's too early, Cass. You're a teenager. Fucking sleep in for once."

"But it's Christmas! Get up!" She grabbed my hand,

"Merry Christmas." I yawned.

"Mum." Cass whined, sitting beside me. "Presents. You love presents!"

"Oh, shoot." Sirius murmured, "We forgot to get you a present, we have to delay Christmas for another hour."

"You're so funny, Dad," Cass said, grimly,

"I'm hilarious, aren't I?" Sirius grumbled,

That made me sit up, "What's next, Sirius? A beer belly?"

Cass snickered, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of bed. I complied, fixing my Winter pyjamas while Sirius stared at me in shock, "A beer belly, really, Lillian?"

"Maybe he'd suit one." Cass slapped her stomach.

"Maybe when he hits fifty he'll be bald," I told her.

Sirius stood up grumpily, "You two are mean!"

"Is that a grey hair?" Cass poked the stubble on his cheek,

Sirius swatted her hand away with a glare, "No, Cassiopeia, it isn't."

"Looks it. Looks like that beer belly is already getting to you. Letting yourself go, Dad?" Cass punched his stomach.

"Must you be so much like your mother?" Sirius sighed heavily,

"What's wrong with that?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"Nothing, nothing at all." He raised his in defeat, leaning down and pecking my cheek,

"Come on." Cass clung to my hand, "Presents."

The three of us walked into the living room. Remus's beaten face from last night was masked like Sirius's was.

"What took you so long?" Harry whined as Cass took a seat beside Sirius.

"They didn't want to wake up," Cass grumbled,

"Is it a crime to want to sleep in?" I sighed, crossing my legs on the sofa as Ron and Hermione started handing out presents. Cass received many and Sirius peered over her shoulder curiously at what Ron had given her. "What's that?" He narrowed his eyes,

"It's a Nintendo!" She said excitedly,

"What the fuck is a Nintendo?" He turned to me,

"Oh! Oh! I had a case involving one back in the eighties – A little kid beat his sister to death with the control thing because she was using it and then the parents hid the little girl's body but didn't get rid of the bloody Nintendo. But it was in Florida so it was pretty normal."

I realized then I was telling a very inappropriate story.

"What a lovely story, Mum." Cass said passively as she smiled, "Could've just said it's a video game."

"My bad."

"Here that, Cass? Can't be going and killing Harry with it or Mum'll catch you." Sirius said which made her groan loudly,

"You suck."

"I was actually very cool when I was your age." Sirius went to flick his hair before remembering it was short.

Cass raised her eyebrows at him, looking him up and down, "Sure you were."

"I was! I was the coolest bloke at Hogwarts back in the seventies."