Chapter 55

LILLIAN COX'S POV:

"Miss Dunne, I'm glad to see you've reconsidered your position at Oxford," The Chancellor of Oxford told me as I sat opposite him. He was a little old man, with large round glasses and a greying beard.

"Yes, I am too. I apologise about my sudden dropout and I am very thankful you kept my spot open." I answered,

"You will restart your semester due to your absence but your dorm has been given away. You'll have to find a home off campus,"

"That's fine," I stood up, "Apologies, but I must get going. It's a pleasure, Chancellor," I held my hand out for him to shake,

"It's good that you've decided to continue your pursuit in criminal psychology, Miss Dunne," He clasped both of his hands around mine before he dropped them and allowed me to leave.

It was bucketing down as I waited at the bus stop to get back to London. I could've apparated back, but I was avoiding Sirius.

I liked to go along with his and Lily's lies. That I was just paranoid, Sirius wasn't using.

But deep down, I knew it wasn't paranoia. But it was just easier pretending it wasn't a lie.

I was waking up ill too. And I might have liked to pretend I was oblivious to that too. But my bras weren't fitting as they used to either.

I was refusing to take too much thought to it. I was blaming it on worry and the fact I had put on a stone or two.

But I couldn't think about that either or else I wouldn't eat until those stones were lost.

It didn't help that I hadn't bled in many moons.

But I wasn't going to think about that either.

It was my reckless fault. I knew exactly what those signs meant, they explained a lot but I couldn't even think of telling Sirius.

If I were... The father would be a drug addict.

And what happened when I was... With a drug addict last time?

As I sat on the bus, I chose not to think about that minor issue, instead, I flicked through my textbooks for the next semester. I had my headphones on, connected to my walkman, and playing Elton John.

Hold me closer, Tiny Dancer,

Count the headlights on the highway,

Lay me down in sheets of linen,

You've had a busy day today.

I'd always loved that song. I used to always play it on my record player with Wren since she loved Elton John too.

When I finally arrived outside the flat, I was hesitant to even enter it. But I just unlocked the door and entered.

Sirius was sitting at the dining table, his quill moving quickly before it stopped and he turned to me. I pulled my headphones off, placing them and my walkman on the kitchen counter before dropping my satchel to the ground.

"Where were you?" He asked, slowly,

"Um, I received a letter from Oxford, my spot was still on hold but they were going to give it up, so I went in and reclaimed my spot," I explained,

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, dropping his quill and turning to me,

"I s'pose I just forgot." I shrugged,

"You missed an Order meeting." Sirius muttered, standing up, "You can't pick and choose when you want to show up."

"What did I miss then?"