Chapter 49

LILLIAN COX'S POV:

I was circling myself, attempting to find where Sirius had gone. I couldn't see anything through the blood spraying across me and the green sparks illuminating the hall. "Find Sirius," I told Mehen and he bowed his head, slithering towards where Sirius was supposed to be.

I continued to search for him. I turned away for mere moments while trying to find my breath. Sirius was hunched over Rodolphus, stabbing him. Someone pulled me from him as blood gushed out of my mouth. I got away, I went back to Rodolphus's body and Sirius was gone.

I couldn't breathe. I was gasping desperately for air. I couldn't find my wand. Mehen couldn't find Sirius. I couldn't find Lily or James or any other Order member as a large explosion blew me back suddenly. I curled into a ball, burying my face into my knees and hands to protect it from the crumbling cobblestone around me.

Silence followed the explosion. As I opened my eyes, praying for it to be Dumbledore still standing, I wasn't surprised by Voldemort still on his two feet without a phoenix in sight.

I scanned the area, no James, no Lily, no Sirius, no Dumbledore, no Mad-eye. No one.

Except for Bellatrix and Voldemort and Elliot and Greyback.

Did they leave without me?

No, no, no, they didn't. They didn't. They didn't leave me to die. No, they'd never. They'd never do that to me – They'd never leave me. Not alone.

"Mehen," I whispered as he approached me, "Where did they go?"

Mehen didn't answer me, merely coiling around my shoulders and placing his head beside mine protectively. "Mehen, where'd they all go?" I whispered again, wiping the tears trying to fall down my cheeks.

"Get up," Voldemort ordered me,

I didn't move.

"Get up, child!" He shouted.

Greyback approached me, digging his claws into my arms and pulling me to my feet. Mehen attempted to retaliate but Greyback grabbed him and threw him off me. Greyback grabbed my wrist and held it out. I attempted to swerve as Voldemort approached me but he didn't draw his wand, instead he took my dagger and placed the tip against my forearm.

He pressed it against my pale flesh sharply. 

I smothered a cry as the tip of the blade began to split my skin. Pools of red began to overflow my arm like a flooding river. A waterfall of crimson splattered at my feet as the blade only pressed deeper into me. 

My throat ruptured -- a desperate cry of agony leaving my lips as the blade only brought more blood to the surface of my skin. I could only see the gorges he had left on my skin -- a volcanic eruption of red hot lava spilling out of my arm from the ravine he was creating. 

Traitor.

It was carved into my arm as I collapsed to the ground, sobbing and gasping for air desperately, only to receive a knee in the stomach.

That brought back a memory in me. The feeling of the hard bone shoving against my gut. It brought back nothing but agony.

"Crucio!" One of them hollered,

I didn't even try to fight against the spell. It gave me a reason to scream and cry.

I collapsed to the ground, my head hitting the ground harshly, forcing more cries from my lips. "Mehen!" I screamed, desperately but he didn't come.

No, Mehen would never leave me. Mehen would've never left me alone.

"Mehen!" I cried out, feeling another strike of agony pulse through me.