Chapter 58

All had been nice for a while.

Loki was getting larger by the week and so was my baby bump.

The warm June breeze flushed against my skin as we all sat in the backyard of Sirius and mine's new home.

An actual home. With floors and a yard and a set of stairs and a pool and a ginormous walk-in closet. No more silent elevator trips with strangers attempting to make conversation. Actually, that was the only thing wrong with my flat. I loved my flat. But I also loved our home.

There was a nursery room, but nothing was set up yet, I was only six, almost seven months pregnant. We had a large master bedroom, with satin sheets and blackout curtains and a marvelous ensuite with enough counter space for me to sit on and it even had a small patio for Sirius to smoke on. And when I tell you, I will be smoking a lot when I finally have the baby, that patio will come in real handy.

It was also a brilliant place to put all of Sirius's plants. His hyper fixation was buying plants we couldn't fit in our home. But I thought they looked nice, made the plain white walls look more alive. The kitchen was large and open, but only Sirius used it to cook.

It only took us a few hours to "christen" each room of the home, which was actually a record. I did wonder if the baby was being shaken around a bit during it but it'd just give it character. (Or so I'd like to think.)

But besides the point, it was such a beautiful home. It was a breath of fresh air but the smell of vanilla and roses and cinnamon and cigarettes always seemed to linger in the air which was what made it feel so homely and comforting. Sirius loved plants and vinyl, I loved candles and old books. The four together were so nice.

Lily was with me in a bikini, her hand on my stomach, feeling the baby kick. Her eyes lit up in excitement, "my goodness!" She gasped in excitement, looking up at me with such a wide smile, "It's a kicker!"

"Does it feel weird?" Remus asked from the other side of the pool. His dark hair was frayed over his forehead, and his eyes were closed with sunglasses on. Peter was beside him, but he was staring at the water, completely dissociated from the world. His mind was ticking, I could see his mind moving but I didn't know why it was ticking so fast.

"Does what feel weird?" I asked,

"There's like a literal human growing inside you. That doesn't like... freak you out?" He asked, tilting his head back,

"Yeah, it does." I said honestly, "especially when I focus on it too much so, please, don't do that to me, Moony."

My words were beginning to be drowned out by Dominic and James. The two were singing at the top of their lungs in the kitchen, cooking one of their marvellous creations, even if they didn't always taste marvellous. Skyla, who was beside Lily, pulled down her sunglasses to her nose, blinking rapidly to the bright light meeting her dark eyes and turning around to see them through the window between the yard and the kitchen. "My Merlin." She whispered, "they really can't sing."

Remus chuckled in his usual deep voice, "that's normal, darl."

"Where's Sirius n' Marls?" Peter asked abruptly, snapping out of his little haze.

I exhaled, hearing the front door unlock, "that'll be 'em now."

"Guess what we got?!" Sirius called out, walking into the pool area with Marlene on his tail, skipping around like a small child.

"More plants?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

He rushed over to me, pecking my lips, and placing his hand on my stomach before standing up again, leaving his palm pressing lightly into my stomach. "More plants!"