Chapter 13

"Let me walk you to your dorm," I said as she halted outside the Slytherin common room,

"No, you've got to go," Lillian shook her head,

"Why? Everyone will be asleep anyways," I furrowed my brows,

"It doesn't matter -- You can't be seen by them," She placed her freezing hand on my bicep, trying to push me away, 

"Why not?" 

"You -- you just can't!" She continued to try and guide me away from the dungeons, "Just go, Sirius -- You can't be down here," 

I sighed, looking around, "What are you so scared of?"

"Just go," Her voice grew cold and familiar.  

So, I went. 

I'd like to think that I saw a part of her not many people would ever experience.

I trudged back to the Gryffindor common room, where James and Lily sat on the sofas. Goddamit.

"Padfoot, there you are!" James said,

"Why are you two up?"

"One L is worried about the other L." James sighed,

"Oh, Cox is fine," I told Lily,

"Hm?" Lily glanced over at me,

"Oh, yeah, there was a Slytherin party -- she was there." I lied,

"No, she wasn't." They both said in sync,

"No, I saw her."

"You weren't there either." James narrowed his eyes at me,

"I was. I hanging out with -- uh ---" I pretended as though I forgot her name but I was trying to think of someone I'd snogged recently, "Vance. Yeah, I was hanging out with Emmeline and I saw Lillian with -- Narcissa."

"Why are you all wet, Sirius?"

"Um... Shower... Sex?" I questioned myself -- I'd never even had shower sex, where was that coming from?

Lily's eyes widened, "Shower sex? And you put your dirty clothes back on?"

"Who else's clothes was I meant to put on?" 

"Are you stoned?"

I snorted and I swear I almost turned to Lillian to hear her laugh but then I realized she wasn't there but in my head she was laughing. "No." I rolled my eyes, chuckling to myself at the thought of Lillian's reaction to this. "No, not one bit."

"Fucking hell, Padfoot." James shook his head in disapproval, kissing Lily goodnight before wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "I am fucking exhausted." James grumbled.

"Me too, mate. Me too." I yawned.

That morning, as Lillian and I sat in potions, I realized she wasn't speaking to me. Again. Avoiding me, again.

"Cox," I whispered, drawing a scribble on her parchment to get her attention.

She looked up and glanced around the room and I watched her gaze focus on the Slytherins, "What?" She sent me a glare,

"Have you heard there's a Ravenclaw party on Saturday night?"

"Yeah. I've heard about it."

"You going?" 

She shrugged, "Probably," 

"I'll see you there," I grinned as we packed our bags,

"I hope not," She said, dully, slipping off the stool and throwing her bag over her shoulder and immediately making her way over to Rosier and Malfoy.