Chapter 57

It had been another week.

Still pregnant.

Still no Mehen.

Loki was growing overnight, and so was Harry. I hadn't begun to show yet but that wasn't expected. I had contemplated an abortion, I mean, was I really ready to be a mother? Sirius desperately wanted to be a father though. And it would be selfish if I got an abortion without him knowing. But by the time he returned from Bulgaria, it would be too late. Without Mehen it wasn't safe for me to go to Bulgaria.

James had returned with Marlene and Peter, meaning I was left on my own a lot more again. Lily obviously hadn't mentioned my pregnancy to James since he hadn't busted through my door in excitement yet. It was just me and Loki and the bed was getting colder every night.

The dining table was covered in books of psychology and case files as I ate breakfast with Loki sitting at my feet, waiting for me to drop a piece of bacon. The silence was rather peaceful, it was helping me concentrate while I read over a passage in one of the books.

I wasn't expecting visitors, especially not Frank and Alice Longbottom to show up in my fireplace. Loki went hysterical, barking and growling at the sudden people in our living room but I scolded him and he immediately retreated to between my legs, like Sirius had trained him to do.

"Frank, Alice, what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Karkaroff betrayed us—"

Sirius.

That was all my mind could fathom.

Sirius. Just Sirius.

He was with Karkaroff. Karkaroff betrayed him. He and Dominic.

I grabbed my wand and they apparated me to Durmstrang.

Chaos had already erupted. There were children fighting and there were children fleeing. I shoved past them all, feeling my stomach turn in worry. I made my way out of the towers and it was then I saw him.

My father.

"Crucio!" I screamed at him — he was not making it out alive again.

My father collapsed to his knees and screamed out in anguish as I drew my dagger and approached him.

"Lillian— please," He gasped for air desperately.

"I should've killed you ten years ago." I snarled at him.

"I'm your father—"

I'd already slit his throat.

And God, it felt good.

That monster was finally dead — I'd finally slayed the monster I protected my family from.

I smiled to myself as he fell dead, blood splattering and spewing all over me.

Cian Cox, murdered by his own daughter.

His own flesh and blood, his own creation.

I had wanted to kill him since I was eleven years old.

And he was finally dead.

I had finally slayed that monster.

Zhurong soared the skies, casting a fiery blaze across the forest and across the battle. "Zhurong!" I screamed at the top of my lungs,  "Zhurong, come!"

The dragon couldn't hear me but I could see Dumbledore sitting on his back, guiding him downwards. Downwards. Towards the battle. Zhurong was straining against the rope as spears began to be thrown at him but Dumbledore continued to force him to the ground.