Chapter 68 (!)

FELICE JONES'S POV:

Dominic was giving me pitiful eyes as Lillian embraced Sirius in a tighter hold she'd ever held me in. She was clinging to him like I didn't exist. She was clinging to him as if she didn't hold me at night.

I was so envious.

Her body just melted against his. She never melted into me. She'd never flung herself at me.

And Sirius was tracing her scars through her dress. He didn't remember much, but he remembered how those jagged scars ran down her back.

But I traced her scars. I kissed her scars. I didn't know someone else had traced them and kissed them before me. Though, it was rather stupid of me to assume someone hadn't.

"Don't take it personally," Dominic cleared his throat, whispering to me,

Don't take what personally? The fact the woman I loved was in love with another man? Another man that was holding her like his life depended on it right before my eyes. How did I not take it personally?

"How don't I?"

"Because it has nothing to do with you," He said, lighting a cigarette as Lillian adjusted her head on his shoulder, whispering something to him,

"She's supposed to be in love with me,"

"It's Sirius," Dominic said, acceptantly,

"So?"

Dominic sighed heavily, watching Lillian help Sirius to his feet, holding his forearms for support. "It's just Sirius," Dominic walked away from me and approached him. Lillian stepped back, letting the two men hesitate before enveloping each other in tight holds.

What did Dominic mean by that?

"He's innocent," Lillian told Dominic,

"Felice told me," He glanced over at me and Lillian briefly looked my way but there were more important things to look at. Like her ex-husband. He was far more important than me.

"Lil, do you want to head to bed?" I asked in a small voice, "I've got work in the morning, you do too, and you need rest,"

Lillian nodded, "Is the couch still fine for you?" She asked Sirius,

"Yeah, it's alright, go get some rest," He glanced over at me with a cold look in his eyes before turning back to Lillian.

Lillian approached me and I took her hand, leading her to our bedroom. "How do you feel?" I asked,

"Fine," She said dully, climbing back into bed beside me. As we lay in bed, I carefully tried to wrap an arm around her but she shifted my hand off her.

I knew then, I was never going to be enough to make her stay.

"Lillian," I whispered,

"Yeah?" She replied, rolling over to face me, sitting up slightly,

"I can't keep doing this," I finally mustered,

Lillian furrowed her brows, "Pardon?"

"You're so clearly still in love with him – And don't try to deny it because there's no denying it – And I can't keep watching you let him hold you but refusing to let me lay a finger on you," I felt tears welling in my eyes as Lillian stared at me almost emotionlessly,

"I'm not still in love with him,"

"Of course, you are," I cried, "You barely even look at me anymore,"

"It's just Sirius," She said softly, "He needs me. Felice, I'm all he remembers."

I needed her too but she wasn't all I knew.