Chapter 12

Last night was everything

Last night was everything. The date was fantastic and now I just want to see him again. I'm quickly catching feelings. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. What happened with Jared was just a month ago. Is it normal to move on so quickly?

I feel really good when I'm around Gio, he makes me all giddy and happy. I love his kisses and how he isn't scared to be affectionate towards me. He's very vocal about his feelings and what he wants.

I seem to be doing this very often. I'm always thinking about him when we aren't together.

How can I not?

The man bought an iPhone just because I wanted us to FaceTime for god sakes. We aren't even dating and he does something like that.

Now that's what you call applying pressure.

I can't wait to see him again tonight. Even though we're going to be around a few people, Gio has a way of making me feel like we're the only two in the room.

I checked the time to see it was 2:32pm. I need to get up and start my day.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and had some breakfast. Well, lunch now.

I decided to call Macy to ask if her and Kaia needed any help setting up for game night. I would ask Kaia but when I spoke to her after running into Macy, she told me about how Macy asked her out, then I told her about going on the date with Gio. She was freaking out and now she wouldn't stop hounding me for the details.

I would tell her eventually but I just wanted to keep these sweet memories to myself for now.

Dialing Macy's number, she picked up on the third ring.

"Hey Yas, what's up?"

"Hi Macy, I was wondering if you guys needed any help to set up or anything? Or do you need me to bring anything?"

I heard shuffling on the phone before I heard my best friends voice.

"Is that Yas?" I heard Kaia ask Macy. I groaned knowing she was about to get on my ass.

"Yea, she's just asking if we need any help." Macy told her.

"Gimmie that," Kaia said and I heard shuffling before she spoke. "No bitch, we don't need any help. Now why are you avoiding my calls? Why won't you tell me about the date. Yas you know I'm a sucker for juicy details and as my best friend you aren't allowed to deprive me of it." She says, I hear Macy laughing in the back.

I held the bridge of my nose. She's such a drama queen sometimes.

"I'll tell you tonight, are you happy?"

"Very," I could practically see her grinning. "Oh, I invited Kade, and Ramir but I'm not sure if Ramir is coming."

"Sounds good, I'll see you guys later. Bye Macy." I said into the phone before hanging up.

It's been a while since I last spoke to Kade and Ramir. Kade is Kaia's twin and Ramir was their best friend growing up. I met all three of them in college and we all hit it off. Ramir and I tried dating but it just never worked out. We all kept in contact after college but after a while I lost contact. Of course Kaia kept in contact, Kade is her twin after all. Her and Ramir are still close friends. It'll be good seeing them tonight.

I remembered I told Macy I was going to bring uno and bingo. I need to go dig for the uno box. I think I remember putting it under the bed with my other boxes.

I kneeled and looked under the bed. I saw the cards but I needed to pull out a few boxes in the way first. I grabbed the uno cards and before I put the boxes back under my eyes glimpsed some photos sticking out. I grabbed them and started going through.

They were photos of my childhood. Just me and my mom. I was an only child and my father wasn't in the picture. The pictures were of me and my cousins, me and my aunts, and my mom and I. I smiled thinking about my childhood. My mom worked hard to provide for us and she's the reason I am where I am today.

I pushed the boxes back under the bed and wiped a stray tear that fell. I grabbed my phone and dialed my mom's number. She picked up on the first ring.

"My baby. Yasmine, how are you doing my dear?"

"Hi mom, I miss you."

"I miss you too Yassy, how've you been? What's going on? I barely hear from you now." She said and I felt bad.

I believe this is the third time I've spoken to my mom this past month and a half.

"I know, I'm sorry mom. I've been a bit busy, I started going to the gym. Me and Jared are no longer together."

"Finally!" I heard her say. "I Never liked that boy, he was the reason you became so closed off. That was never like you. Why are you going to the gym honey? You're perfectly fine."

"I'm not mom, I need to get in shape. I've put on a lot of weight and I'm trying to get it off."

"You look fine to me."

"You're my mom, obviously you're gonna say that."

I proceeded to fill her in about everything that has happened since we last saw each other, leaving out the part about Giovanni. It's been little over six months. I need to visit her soon though, it's not like we live states apart from each. She resides in Elmont, Long Island.

I felt a bit horrible because when Jared and I were dating, I visited less and less. Our phone conversations would be short because I didn't want to talk to her in front of him. He would always embarrass me and say humiliating things to me when I was on the phone. He didn't care.

One time I was speaking to Kaia on the phone, I was eating some nachos and he proceeded to tell me how big I'm getting and how all the junk was going to my legs and stomach. I was so humiliated and that just fueled the hate Kaia already had for him.

After speaking to my mom I took and shower and got ready. I put on a black bike shorts and an oversized nirvana graphic T-shirt. I put on my white air forces and put my hair in a ponytail and left some strands out in the front.

I looked at myself in the mirror and was happy. I could see the difference in my body. I lost a bit of stomach fat and my love handles were smaller. My arms weren't as big as it was. I still had a long way to go though. I'm happy with the progress that I'm making.

I stepped out of my apartment, walked to my car and made my way to Macy's.