Chapter 25

I've been a mess since the day Gio and I broke up

I've been a mess since the day Gio and I broke up. Today is the day that's he's flying back to LA. He has been calling nonstop and leaving hundreds of texts and voicemails saying how sorry he was. He's even tried to visit but I don't dare open the door.

These past two weeks have been hell. I haven't been to the gym since I'm no longer staying at his apartment and most of all I've been very unmotivated. I wouldn't even be surprised if I gained a few pounds.

Kaia and Macy has been constantly checking up on me and while I do appreciate it. I just wanna be left alone.

I miss him so much but the hurt that I feel is still heavy in my heart. Knowing that's he's leaving today doesn't make it any better either.

As I'm laying in bed I felt the hot tears flowing down my face once again.

I've cried more in these two weeks that I have in my twenty five years of living. I know eventually I have to pick myself up and go on about my life but right now I just want to wallow in my own self pity.

I hate that I still love him so much. My heart yearns for him. Each day I sit here I think about all the memories and good times we had together. Some days I was so close to answering his calls but I had to force myself not to.

I think I'm starting to go crazy. Every single thing I do reminds me of him. I see him in everything I look at. I can't even concentrate when I'm doing my job. It's honestly frustrating at this point.

Just then I hear a knock at my door. I go in the living room and just stand there. He's leaving today so it can't possibly be him.

"It's me Yas. Open the door." I hear Kaia's voice from behind the door.

I let her in and walk over to my couch to sit.

"Good to know you're keeping clean." Was the first thing Kaia said.

"You know I cherish cleanliness Kaia. So what brings you by?" I asked knowing she was here for a reason.

"Wow I can't check on my friend?" She rolls her eyes sitting next to me.

I gave her and knowing look and she caved.

"Okay fine! I was thinking you should come out to lunch with Ramir, Kade and I. We can catch up and have a good time. It'll be just like old times." She asked looking hopeful.

I honestly thought it was a good idea since I haven't hung out with them in such a long time.

"Sure I'm up for it. I need to get out of this house anyway." I said forcing a smile.

I picked myself up and walked into my room to get dressed. It's pretty nippy outside so I wore jeans, a sweatshirt, and my beige bubble jacket.

"I'm ready." I announced once I got in the living room. I saw her coming from the kitchen with a bright smile on her face.

"Alright let's go, Mir and Kade are already at the restaurant."

I realized she was eating my cherries by the red stain that was at the corner of her lip. I decided to not say anything since she wants to be sneaky. We made our way to the restaurant and went inside to meet the boys.

"Yasmine you're looking sexy as always." Kade says giving me a hug.

"If you don't sit your black ass down. You have a girlfriend Kade." Kaia said to her twin and rolled her eyes.

"Dear ex of mine." Ramir came up to me and kissed both my cheeks.

"It's really good to see you guys." I smiled at my three friends.

"What's that shit in the corner of your lip Kaia? Don't tell me you eating Macy on her period." Kade asked and I held back my laugh.

"Nah your sister was stealing my cherries." I told him and she snapped her head towards me.

"You knew I had this shit on my face and you made me come outside like this!?" Kaia half yelled.

"Yes, next time don't steal my shit!" I said to her.

"I'm the one who's always buying them for you I think I'm entitled to eat a few." Was her response.

"Why didn't you buy some for yourself then?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to eat yours." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

Typical Kaia.

"How've you been Yas? Kade and I haven't seen you since game night at Macy's." Ramir asked.

"You mean the night her lover boy caused a scene and looked at me like he wanted to rip my throat out?" Kade piped up.

"Shut the fuck up Kade, you provoked that." Kaia tried to silence her brother.

"Okay period lips." Kade responded to his sister.

Ramir and I began snickering at the twins bickering. We called the waitress over and ordered our food.

"Pay up." Kade said to Ramir after I told the waitress my order.

"Of course." Ramir rolled his eyes. "Here." He pulls out 200 dollars and slaps it in Kade's hand.

"What's that about?" I asked the two.

"We had a bet that you would get the same order that's you've been getting since college." Kade responded.

Kaia snickers as she was sipping her drink. She ended up having a cough fit while still laughing.

"She's been getting the same thing even after college. Ramir you shouldn't have set yourself up like that." Kaia said after she calmed down.

"Fuck you guys. Alfredo is life." I told the three as they laughed.

"Where's this potty mouth coming from? Yas you never use to curse back in school. You were so proper. Y'all remember she use to make up words to use instead of just cussing?" Ramir asked and we laughed.

"I was so lame back in college, I'm surprised I even had a boyfriend." I continued laughing.

"You had a boyfriend because you're an amazing person." Ramir smiled at me.

"I still can't believe you two dated for the first three years of college and now you like men. I remember sophomore year you were saying you wanted to marry her." Kade said and my eyes went wide.

"You're kidding?" Kaia says.

"You wanted to marry me Ramir?" I turned to him, he smiled.

"Yea." He smiled, scratching the back of his neck. "Don't worry I still would." He winked and gave me a dashing smile.

"So you're telling I could've been rich right now?" I asked and he laughed.

"You're forgetting one important part. We would have to get a divorce by now. I'm gay now, remember?" He said smirking at me.

"Even better, I get to keep half of everything." I winked.

We all started laughing. A short minute later the waitress brought all our meals and we dived in. We fell back into conversation. Everyone was teasing each other and reminiscing about our college days.

...

Thanks to every single one of you that decided to give my story a try. It really means a lot.

Also check out my other story, "Always and Forever [Completed]"

Tanks.