Chapter 23

3 Months Later (October)

I've been using the gym here in the building since they changed my work schedule. It didn't have a much equipment as State Wide did but it still helped. I try to do an hour each morning before I go to work. I do more hours on the weekends.

Gio comes with me every day that I decide to go. I'm really grateful for him, he helps keep me motivated at times when I feel like quitting.

I haven't weighed myself in a while so I decided to weigh in today. I got naked and stepped on the scale. I looked down and was a bit disappointed with the numbers I saw.

179

I've been working out and eating healthy for these past two months and I only lost two pounds.

Fucking great.

After weighing myself I dragged my tired self to the shower. After I was done with my shower I got dressed and went downstairs to make some breakfast. I made pancakes eggs and sausage and went upstairs.

Today was Saturday and I felt like having a lazy day, but I had a nail and hair appointment later.

When I got into the bedroom I realized Gio was awake.

"Hey babygirl," He said in his sleepy voice that made me swoon.

"Nothing really. I just weighed myself." I trailed off.

"And?" He asked setting himself on his stomach. His arms were folded under his head as he looked at me.

This man is literally so fucking sexy.

"It said 179." I told him looking down. "All this work I've been putting in and I've only lost 2 pounds." I rolled my eyes.

"Yasmine you're most likely building muscle. Fat and muscle weigh the same so that's why there isn't much of a change in the numbers. Your arms have tightened up and your legs got slimmer. Stop focusing on the numbers because you're doing just fine babygirl." He said.

"I guess you're right. How do you always know what to say to cheer me up?" I said getting in the bed and sitting on his butt. I began rubbing and massaging his back.

"Because you're my woman." He said and relaxed his body. "I could get use to this."

"But I have to cut it short. Remember you have to bring Joy her keys." I reminded him and he groaned.

Gio found Joy's house keys yesterday in the parking lot. When he went back inside to ask who lost the key. They had informed him that Joy was the one who was looking for them but she had already clocked out and went home for the day.

"Why didn't you just leave it in the drawer at the front desk?" I asked.

"They don't want anything left up there when we lock up. All drawers need to be empty and desk cleaned by the end of each shift." He explained.