CH 2

It was a rainy day when I woke up. I could see the rain pattering on the window across the room as well as hear it hitting the roof. With this I knew that getting work done was going to be a hassle. I sat up from my bed, but didn't get too far with someone's arm around my waist, so I lifted his hand and went to the bathroom to pee, brush my teeth and wash my face.

With me fully awake I got to the kitchen and started to cook eggs and a smoothie for the both of us. While the butter was sizzling and the blender doing its job I looked to the windows and looked to see how bad the rain would really be today.

I leaned over to start cooking when I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs, I turned my head towards him and he came into the kitchen hurrying to get something and to leave.

"Hey, you're not going to eat breakfast?"

"No I can't. I forgot that I had an important meeting with the councilman about the new school they are building, but I will text you okay?" and with that he left.

Ever since we elected the new councilman Perri has been busier than ever, not that I'm mad or anything I just miss how much time we used to spend together. Luckily I didn't cook four eggs. I can just cook two and just drink both smoothies I guess.

After cooking the eggs and getting one of the smoothie I headed to the living room and turned IMDB tv on to watch the new Leverage: Redemption. I get to the fourth episode and finished my food when my doorbell rings. Who could be out in the rain like this today I thought to myself.

"Hello, who is there?" I asked through the door.

"It's me, baby?" My father-in-law said loudly. Ugh! He still called me that even though I stopped crying for all little things that didn't matter. I opened the door which he proceeded in and took off his shoes and his drenched jacket. When he finally stands up to his height he smiles and hugs me and even though I'm one inch taller than him which I stand at six foot one inch and Dom at six foot I smile knowing that he is short. We broke away from each other heading to the living room while Dmo asked me a question, "Where is my son at?"

"He had an important meeting to attend for the new school opening up."

"Ugh I really don't understand you Americans, in Korea we used metal chairs to seat, and wooden furniture outside not inside."

"Well this is 2021 and having wooden pallet couches in the hallways for students sounds fun and cozy for students."

"Yeah okay and what about those 'wooden palettes bean bags chairs' huh? He said with sarcastic dripping from his voice and yet I had to agree with him about the wooden pallet bean bag chairs. I don't know how they are going to build nethermore sit on those things, but hey Perri can make anything if he puts his mind to it.

"Well I came over, because he said he needed to talk to me about something I guess wasn't important, ohh are you watching the new Leverage?" looking towards me, and with a nod I turn the show back on and resting my feet on his thighs just watching tv, but give it a good ten minutes and the entire power is cut. Luckily it's day time so I can see everything and start to find candles for the night.

"Welp I better get home then, before I get stuck here, and believe me I don't need to hear you lov birds going at it." he laughed while putting on his shoes and coat then bowed and left.

I would have laughed with him, but lately Perri nor I have had sex since a few months ago.

And with that thought going down, I went on the search for more candles and to find all the lighters we had and set them in the middle of our living room table.

It was about to be lunch time so I decided to DoorDash me some food since even the stove is turned off. I order myself a bowl for Moe's and order twenty boneless wings for Perri since he can't get enough of Zaxby's. As I had pushed the ok button the front door opened and Perri came.

"I ordered you lunch. I hope you can at least stay for that." turning to walk to my office which is across from the living room.

"Uh oh okay yeah I can stay" while walking to me, "I was really just going to come home to get a few things since I was in a rush, but I will stay if you really want me to."

Thank goodness that google docs works offline, because I really need to write up a report, "Yes I would and also I would like to talk to you."

"Why do we need to talk?" Leaning against the threshold of the door.

I looked at him like he was crazy and stupid at the same time, 'why do we need to talk?' What in the hell do you think, but I didn't say this to him in fear that we would start arguing again. "Well since you don't have anything to talk about I have something to talk to you about."

"Okay then talk, I already told you I came back for paperwork, not to just stop by."

And with this I stopped typing and looked at my wedding ring. It was a teardrop shape with diamonds going across it, it really brought out my permanent henna tattoos I got in my junior year of college. I breathed for a second and continued to type my report and said, "Oh It's okay then I will just cancel the order and you can go back to work. See you whenever." And without anything else he left the threshold and went upstairs and came back leaving through the front door not even saying goodbye.

I think to myself that when my food gets here I will eat it and go take a bath and go to sleep, it's not like I see him when I do go to sleep, plus my Osteoarthritis was acting up again, and my pills tend to make me drowsy. After fifteen minutes my food was here and so was Perri, and I put his food in the oven and ate my bowl over the counter. Lately it's been quiet in the house which wasn't the case. We used to play around screaming to the top of our lungs and even played games. Now all you see is dullness and boredom. I threw my empty bowl into the trash can and took at shower, but before I could take my pills my mom had called me, and without hesitation I answered her then swallowed the pills.

"Hey baby I was just calling to check up on you, and to remind you that we are still having family game night. Dominic will not stop making sure we have soju there." my mother laughed and so did I.

"Yeah mom, we will be there." I hung the phone up knowing that if I would have said "I" then there would be too many questions, and too many answers. With this charge my phone and go to sleep with the rain pattering the windows again the soft thud the raindrops made on the roof.