CH 15

CJ POV

I was on my way in the airport when I saw Dom with luggage as well, then out of nowhere I saw my dad and mom grab my suitcase and arm.

"Listen sweetheart Dom will go and talk to him. If Perri wants to come back and talk he will, but if not then we need to leave him in the past." My mom said.

"Oh like how I asked where Perri could be and all of you lied to my face. No stop, I'm going to talk to Perri myself!"

But as soon as I was about to get free my dad ripped the ticket.

"Now none of us are going, except Dom."

They lead me to their car and back to the house. I stayed in the car as they left and went inside. I can't believe this shit. If they don't want to talk to him fine, that's okay, but I do. I want to know if he is eating right, doing right, I want to know if he moved on from me. Maybe forgot about me. All I have is Perri phone number, but he doesn't even talk to me. I can't keep going like this.

Is this how it felt when Perri was crying on my front porch in high school? Is this the pain he told me how he felt, because it hurted. It hurted like fucking hell.

I sat in the car for a long time before leaving and going for a walk. I just couldn't sit in the same house as these liars and hear their excuse for making me stay here. I was walking when I got a thought in my head. If they couldn't let me do what I wanted at the age of twenty four then I guess I need to distance myself, and find the answer out myself.

I uber a drive to a hotel for the night since my osteoarthritis was acting up badly. As soon as I made it to a hotel nearby, my phone rang and it was my mom, so I answered it.

"Sweetie, where are you?"

"Since I can't make decisions under your roof, I will find another roof to live under than you."

"Stop acting like a brat CJ and come home. Wasn't it you who asked for the divorce? Why are you so invested in this boy and you couldn't even call you to let you know he was okay himself. Him running away is enough proof that you can't handle being alone-" But before he could finish his rant I hung the phone up and walked to the front desk and got any   available room.

I can't believe my own father would say that to me, but I couldn't care less now. I needed to find a way to Perri, without my parents trying to sabotage me again.

I laid down in bed due to my pain and tried to relax and soon with the relaxing came the sleepiness.

I woke up to the front desk calling my room asking would I be having breakfast, so I replied yes and in thirty minutes came eggs, sausage, bacon, and waffles with a fruit bowl. I was about to call the front desk to come and get their plate, when my phone rang I thought it was my mom again so I was about to decline the call until I saw the caller ID, and it said South Korea. I answer it as if I was Flash mixed with Sonic.

"Yes! Hello!"

".......Is this CJ?"

"Perri?!'

"Um...shit...um do you have a second?"

"Yes! Yes I do! How are you? Are you okay? Are you eating well?" I was spitting questions left and right.

"Um....CJ...If you are looking for me, can you stop?"

"What? Why? Did Dom say something to you?"

"No. I saw him here, but I didn't talk to him......um.....I just....urgh! I came here to get better. If I wanted to see you and be around you I would have stayed in Georgia, but I need to be away from everyone and with all the callings and now the visits, I just can't take it anymore. So please call my dad and tell him to leave. I need time, and you all are not giving it to me. Goodbye tart for now." And hung the phone up.

I tried to redial the number but it would always go to voicemail. At least he said he was trying to get better. Maybe I should as well. Maybe I should get an apartments and focus on work again. Because he didn't say goodbye for good, he just just for now.