CH 6

I had been in the basement for an entire day now. Perri did come back down with lunch and dinner and surprisingly dessert.

I just mainly kept in the spare room in the basement, and that's where I'm currently at. I heard the door being knocked on, but not the basement door the front door of the house.

I heard my parents inside the house and then I heard everyone arguing. I walked about the room and towards the top of the stairs to hear more of the conversation, so I sit on the first step and put my ear to the door.

"Where is our son?" my dad screamed

"He's not here! I told my dad that he packed a few things and left for a little while, maybe he is in traffic or decided to stay a little longer." Perri pleaded

"Yeah to get away from you." My mom scoffed

"What is that supposed to mean?" Perri questioned

"Everyone knows so I wouldn't expect CJ to know by now!" My mom again yelled

"Know what?!" Perri then screamed getting anxious

"That you've been screwing the councilman's son! That you've had a near damn one year affair with that man!" My dad screamed

"I just thought CJ knew and didn't want to give up on the relationship, but now seeing him gone and not answering us now makes me know better that he found out just now." My mom explained.

"How long did you know?" Perri asked in a low tone.

"After the first week of you having an affair." My dad replied, "Unless my son answer his phone the next time I call him, I'm calling the cops on you for either murder or hostage either one." With that I could hear both my parent leave through the front door, and that's when Perri kicked the basement door, and I squeaked due to the force.

Perri opened the door and saw me on the first step and told me to go back down, which I did. I was still healing from the slap and other abuse this man gave me.

"A year huh? Wow....I thought when the councilman became our new councilman that's when you started the affair, so six months, but you been messing around together for longer. Wow..." I didn't know how to process this information so I was about to walk back to my bedroom, until Perri gripped my hair and turned me towards him.

"It. was. A. mistake! I promise you, but you keep getting cheeky, but you keep bringing it up again and it's becoming annoying. I said I'm sorry!"

"How can you be sorry with the amount of bruises on my body, you gripping my head, and keeping me here! Just sign the damn divorce papers. It's not like you won't have anyone to fill the space in bed!" I spatted, and that's when I hit the ground with such impact. Yet, this time Perri didn't slap me, but instead punched me.

"I told you if you want a divorce it's through a coffin, in the ground, and a funeral service. What kind of coffin you want, I'll make sure it's real nice. Brown, black, white, silver, heck the concrete kind? Or do you want to stop talking about this?"

I didn't say anything and that's when Perri sat on the floor next to me and gently lifted my face up.

"Coffin or no coffin?"

"No coffin."

He stands me up and slowly takes me to the couch and leaves to get the first aid kit. If the kit was further away I would have made a run for it, but I don't need another bruise upon my body. He started to put ointment onto my bruises and give me a BC powder for my head, and then continued to look at me. He takes out my phone and says, "I need you to call them and tell them everything is good, that you are safe and you are wherever you're at. Okay?"

I nodded my head and Perri dialed my dad's numbers and it didn't take long for him to answer.

"CJ where are you? Me and your mother have been worried sick!"

"I'm in Canada right now?"

"What? Why?" My mom questioned

"Remember the Invisalign commercial I got approved, well I'm here working on other projects for them. I don't really know when I will be back, since I was supposed to be back yesterday, but I'm in Canada at the moment."

"Oh I thought they would just air it, I didn't realize you had to leave the country."

"Yeah and if it's okay could you guys stop bothering Perri, he keeps calling and texting me when I'm in business meetings and I can't just answer his every call."

"Sorry, yeah we will back off, just call us when you have time okay tart?"

"Yes ma'am and yes dad, see you guys whenever."

Perri hung up the phone and kissed me on the forehead and left he basement, but not before saying he will bring me my lunch soon.