CH 16

It was five months after me and Perri had that phone call, and since then I bought my own apartment in the city. I hated the city, but I felt that there needed to be some growth around me.

I finally got back to working on freelance projects for commercials and a few local projects. School was starting back up again, and schools wanted to have colorful posters and flyers around to make the atmosphere happier. And I wanted to feel happier too, but then I remember when school starts back up again so does mine and Perri anniversary. But since we are no longer married it shouldn't mean anything to me, but it does.

I was at a farmers market when I saw the bitch that ruined my life a.k.a. Johnny. Today he was with a new guy hanging around his arm. I just hope that guy isn't married. I tried to walk so that Johnny wouldn't see me, but unfortunately he did and called out my name. He left the guy and came running to me.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Divorced, what about you?"

"Listen I'm sorry I really am-"

"Let me stop you there and I will make sure I'm whispering harshly when I say this. You are not sorry. I saw the message where he explicitly told you that he was married, yet you still went after him like a whore on a full moon. So please after today don't come up to me as if we are friends. You are nothing but a nasty whore that ruins families, now go back to your boy toy and don't ever say my name."

I walked away from him and continued my way around the market in the need of food. I was about to leave due to how angry I was, but had to remember I have literally no food in my refrigerator nor cabinets. Soon my cart was filled to the brimmed of groceries and I checked out and left. Did I also say I exchanged my sedan for a truck. Now I have a lot of space. For what? I still don't know, but I needed the change.

I drove to the local Walmart, and then went and got some things the farmers market wouldn't have such as zucchini spaghetti or cauliflower rice. Yum. I then went to the cereal aisle and got some of the off brand almond cereal with cluster, lastly the snack aisle. I got everything from beef jerky to chez it chips. I also found some mini twix which are my favorite. I had pulled one of the bags and it ripped a little, and that's when I realized I was wearing my wedding ring.

I knew I shouldn't be wearing it, but I felt that one day Perri would come back and we could work out our lives.

I turned around to continue my shopping which luckily wasn't long since my pain was creeping on me. I got into my truck and headed back to my apartment complex. I first unpack my wagon from my truck, since I found a way not to keep coming back down here for the second or third round of groceries.

Once everything was out I locked my doors and headed to the elevator. I pressed the twentieth floor and soon I was walking down the hall and making a right turn, but who was at my door made me stop my track, but then I walked more closely to the person and dropped my wagon handle.

"Perri?" I said softly and he turned around looking new and fresh than he was last time I saw him.

"Hey. Could I come in, if that's okay?"

I nodded my head and opened the door.