CH 4

It has been a quiet few weeks since the day Perri gripped me. We haven't even slept in the same bed since then.

I was currently in my office working on a few freelance jobs for the month, and my phone started to ring. I looked down to see who was calling and it was my dad so I let it ring, since every since that day he has been bugging me about why my arm was red or why me and Perri seem like we are distancing ourselves from each other.

Then the ringing stopped and a text came from dad and it said, 'we will be over for dinner either you cook and text me, or we bring over dinner ourselves' which in turn I didn't answer.

I put my phone down and was about to continue working until Perri came into my office and leaned against the threshold and looked at me. I didn't say anything, yet I did fix the blur on one of my pictures I was editing, and I guess since I didn't give him his attention he came towards my desk and slammed his fist down making everything on my desk jump in the air, as well as me.

I looked at Perri with concern and sadness in my eyes.

"Good morning...."

I looked at him confused on what I should do, and he leaned in my face and said it again, so I said it back. He looked content to my words and tried to kiss me on the lips, but I moved my head to the side, which never in my life with this man had happened, but as well as the slap that hit across my face.

With the slap came my body going to the right, falling from my chair and hitting the floor. I stared at the floor and didn't move to scared what would happen if I did.

He bent down and grabbed my face and kissed me on the lips with no remorse nor concern on his face after slapping me, and left, but before going said out loud, "Mom and Dad said they will be coming over for dinner tonight make sure you text them that you will be cooking so that for first you are productive." and left the house with a thud from the front door.

When I heard the door close I cried my eyes out. He has never ever hitted me nor raised his hands to me.

I grabbed my phone from the desk and texted my dad that I will cook, and with this in mind I began to go to the kitchen and start making dinner, but paused when I saw my reflection in the glass window and my bruised cheek.

It was after two hours of cooking due to prepping, thawing, and cooking that the front door opened without my knowledge and my mom squealed seeing the good food. I became scared for them to see my face, so I put a towel on it and smiled at my mom and dad which had a dessert in his hand.

"Oh look at this beautiful masterpiece. You should have became a chief!"

"But why are you holding up a towel to your face so?"

"Oh thank you, this is nothing, um . . .  there is actually something in my eye so I will be back can you both watch the food?" And they both agreed and I left up the stairs, but before heading to the master bedroom I went to close the bedroom that I currently reside in, and went to the bathroom and didn't really look too much in the mirror and tried to cover at most the bruise.

After I was done I went downstairs where I saw Perri and Dom there as well. I walked into the kitchen with a smile on my face and everything went to be perfect. It was all laughs and giggles. No one knew what had just happened in this very house two hours ago. And thats how its going to stay.

We were currently in the living room watching a rerun of Haven, when I got a message from my phone and opened it. When I saw what it was I left to my office and sat down in my chair. It was Perri and Johnny holding hands, kissing each other, and even Johnny was sitting on Perri's lap. I was about to be sick, until Dom came in and sat in front of me.

"He told me its been going on for months. Since the new councilman was elected they spent a lot of time together and that means so did the councilman's son and Perr." Dom said, "He promised me that he wouldn't do it anymore, but when he called me and said he slapped you I became angry, because he is releasing anger on you when it's him who messed up. Please CJ, leave and leave now." And left before saying anything.

"Months..." I mumbled to myself.

"Oh my God...." And started to cry. I thought he was antsy due to how much work he had, but this bastard being having an affair behind my back this entire time. And with Johnny. The asshole who used to bully the both of us in school, because we were happy and gay.

I leaned my head on the desk when my office door opened, and my mom came.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?", and then everyone else came in wondering why I was crying.

"I just scored a huge deal with Invisalign. You know the clear retainer for your teeth. I was waiting to see if my project I had made was good enough to be featured in their commercial." It wasn't a lie I was accepted by them, but that had been weeks ago that I got the email.

I didn't look up when everyone started to cheer nor get up, but just asked for everyone to leave so that I could have a moment to myself. And when they did I leaned my head up and saw that Perri was still in the room.

"Invisalign has already promoted your design. I saw already so why are you really crying?"

"Because this one will be in Canada as well." Keeping the lie, and thats when Perri smiled and came over to hug and kiss me. I let it happen since I didn't want another bruise, but Perri didn't get up. He looked at me in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry for what I did today. I don't know what came over me to do that and that will never happen as well as me gripping your elbow. I'm sorry tart, I've just been stressed out. Can you forgive me?" Looking me in the eyes pleading and I shook my head up and down and he kissed my forehead and left the room.

I watched as he left and opened my laptop going to the courthouse of Georgia to print divorce papers. Once my printer finally printed the papers I check everything that needed to be answer. I don't want property, lands, rights. Nothing. I want a divorce and to be gone. I have a little bit of money to help me along the way, so with this in mind I close my laptop, put the papers in my desk drawer, and head back to the movie night party, but this time sit next to my parents living Perri alone of the couch, because soon he will be.

Can I Leave Now?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara