CH 30

CJ POV

Since Perri left me in the parking garage I haven't been normal, and what I mean by normal is doing my everyday things. I now get up later, only work little, and never eat. I don't know why I feel this way, but I do and I can't get rid of the feelings and emotions being held inside of me. William already had left by the time I got into my apartment heading out through the lobby, and I kicked my parents out even with their pestering.

Its been two months now and its Halloween. I like the holiday, not because you get to dress up as someone different, but because candy the next day is half off. But I still went to Dollar Tree and stacked my cart up with candy. And a few art canvas and paint. I was about to head to the coloring book isle when I got a phone call form an unknown number.

"CJ speaking." In a monotone voice.

"Hi Mr. CJ! My name is Heather Moore and I work at Jeff and Fidlerson Incorporation where we sell pillows, comforters, covers, and the whole eight mile for the bedroom. And we recently came to your website and was wondering if you are not to busy if you could create a sign for our business? We currently have one, but we are thinking to create a new one, but the same concepts of what is already made since our logo is on every product."

"Would you like me to digitally send you a few art piece for you to see, or would you like for me to come in and show your personally?"

"Oh! You will do it perfect! Yes please come in and my bosses will look over them and decide which one they would prefer. How long do you think you would need?"

"I can come by tomorrow afternoon?"

It takes a moment for Heather to respond and soon she comes back to the line saying one thirty would be best, and I then hang the phone up and continue my purchases.

It was now November the first and I was in heavy traffic to Jeff and Fidlerson Incorporation to show them the designs I have come up with. It didn't take long since I knew who the company was since I do have a pillow by them. So once I took a left to the business there was clear road and no sign of traffic, Perfect.

It didn't take me long to find parking and enter the establishment, but once in I was demand why I was here and soon told them and they led me to a business conference room where I should wait for the bosses. It took approximately forty five minutes for them to come, so either I was early or they are late.

"I'm so sorry sir, the west wing almost caught on fire and we had to handle the situation fast." At first I didn't believe them until I looked over his shoulder and there was smoke rising. Wow was I really not paying attention at all.

"It's fine. Here are the designs."

They both looked at the designs and ohhed and awwed then, when they became finish they gave me back my ipad and it was on the fifth design.

"This is the one you want?" I asked still montoned.

"Yes please, and how long will this take?"

"Depends what do you want? Wood, metal, plastic?"

"What for?"

I looked at him dumb founded, but explained more of it.

"What would you like the design to be on, sir?"

"Oh! I'm sorry yes we would like it to be on metal." I looked at the guy crazy while the other one just shook his head in disbelief. At least I'm not the only one here who thought this about the man.

"You have to excuse him, even though we are both business men. I'm the brains of the operation and Fidlerson is mostly the marketing." Jeff said.

"Its fine. Anyway for metal it would take a month."

"Wow! That's fast!"

"Yeah, I'm not busy as I was in the fall, now that it is turning winter some businesses don't care unless they are in the holiday spirit." I got up from my seat and walked out of the room, but both men stopped me.

"Excuse me sir have we offended you for some reason?" Fidlerson asked me.

"Uh no why?"

"Well it seems that you could be happy or not with what you are doing, and..."

I thought about how I acted and soon realized I wasn't the most appealing.

"I'm sorry gentlemen, it's just today and previous weeks has been a mess for me, but don't worry from all my reviews I've never had anything less than three stars. Your sign will look magnificent!"

I saw there smile and I walked away fully this time making sure no one stopped me. I got to my car, while another car was pulling up. I unlocked my door and soon the passenger door beside me openers. I got into my car and looked over and saw him. I saw Perri and he saw me.

We both looked at each other and soon Perri was being called by a woman and he smiled at me and left.

I looked down at my chest which holds my wedding rings and started to cry in the car. I may have asked for the divorce and he may have been abusive to me. But to lose fourteen years of love and friendship hurts like a motherfucker. And for hours I just sat there in that spot crying til one of th workers came out saying I have to leave and leave I did.

I'm going to start this project and I'm going on vacation. Vacation sounds nice right about now.