CH 35

I sat drunk in front of my father while he continued to pour me more drinks. I had told him about the fight with CJ and all my father could say was, "At least you were honest. It really shows how much South Korea has changed you."

I like how for once my dad wasn't yelling at me for being stupid.

"What do you think I should do? Move my company to another location or start a branch in South Korea and live there?"

"Son....I mean this with all my heart, but stop being a runaway bitch."

I looked at my father with a huge dismay look and even had to put down my drink when he made the statement.

"You ran away to South Korea then you came back and ran away from everyone including me. Now look at our relationship after you stopped running away. For once Perri just stop running away and faces situations such as this and resolve it. I will admit that the reason why you cheated on CJ is honestly pathetic, but now the truth is out and even though you both are divorced, there is nothing CJ can do now."

I said nothing to my dad and leaned my head back towards the table, and groaned. I don't want to be in CJ's life romantically, but I do at the same time. I mean we both were each other first of everything. First boyfriend, lover, husband, sex, and more things than ever.

"Get some sleep plum, I will wash the dishes and clean up. Make sure you brush you teeth." He said the last part yelling from the kitchen. I got up as told and went to freshen up and soon was going to sleep.

I woke up to the smell of coffee which I really needed even though I drink coffee. I pulled the covers off of me and head to the kitchen to see my dad play with his dog and drinking some coffee.

"Hey bud! I really loved how you came over last night and we talked and everything but you got to go. I am a single father and I need to be able to mingle without you here."

"Wow dad...already kicking me out and I haven't even had breakfast yet. So much for dad of the year."

My dad laughed and continued to play with his dog. I wonder when he even got one. I walked to the living room and was sipping the drink when my phone rang. I picked it off the table which I had left overnight and turned the phone over.

"He's been calling since seven this morning...."

If that is the case I decided to answer the phone.

"Perri."

"Perri? Where in the hell are you? Why aren't you at your loft? It's Saturday and I know the company isn't open." CJ screamed into the phone.

"For you information I'm at my dad's house, and why are you trying to find me?"

"So that we can talk! I thought you probably had went back to South Korea and weren't answering my calls."

For a moment I thought I could hear a sob from his side of the phone, so I got up from the couch and headed outside.

"Are you crying?"

"No! Why would I be crying!"

"Because you sound like you are doing it."

"When will you been done at your dad's house?"

"Don't know to be honest......"

".......Can you leave now and meet me at Mama's Diner?"

"Give me a few minutes."

"See you then."

I walked back into the living room to see my dad looking at tv and unconsciously rubbing the dog's head. I walked by the couch and sat on the edge looking at the television show myself.

"You better hurry if you want to make it to Mama's Diner if you want to beat everyone else heading there..."

And with that I collect my things and head for my truck. I put the directions into my phone and luckily dad lived forty-five minutes away better than an hour to get to the place. Soon on the highway then soon parking my truck I was in the diner waiting for CJ to show up.

"Wow, am I late?" CJ asked from behind me.

"Nope I'm just early. I had to beat traffic or this place would have been packed as right now you can tell."

CJ looked around the place and sure enough he could see that people were standing drinking coffee just waiting for a table.

"Well glad you came early."

"So why were you blowing up my phone this entire morning?"

"You saw me calling, but didn't pick up?"

"Nope my dad. I woke up when you called me for the fifth or sixth time."

"Oh....Well how is Dom?"

"He brought a dog, and they have became the best of best friends in the entire world." I said laughing.

"Eww, a dog. Well remind me to never go to Dom's house ever again."

I nodded my head and soon a waitress came and collected our drinks and meal. After she left CJ didn't say anything to me, so I guess I have to make conversation today.

"Well we are here, but you seem not to want to talk to me. Should we get our food to-go and leave?"

"No...I just want to talk. I really just want to have an honest talk."

"Well talk then."

"What you did was selfish, and you know it too. If you were so insecure about our relationship you should have came to me about your insecurities not think on your own and cheat before I can cheat, which I had no intentions on doing at all. And even now after being divorce you still refuse to open up to me. What happened to Plum who told the littlest of everything even how their poop was green, even though I honestly still today don't know what you ate to make it turn green."

"We grew up. We grew up and became something of ourselves. I have a business to run. My entire day is always busy, I'm never home. You though, you are at home working having fun. Never having huge deadlines and being able to go out into your day. But most definitely you are alone the entire day, week, month. I thought deep down you missed being touched and wanted that feeling again."

"Well I didn't and don't. I knew you were always busy. But waking up in your arms was the best. Having tea and yogurt for breakfast awesome, and the nights or evenings you did come home were the best. I never felt those kind of thoughts."

CJ grabbed my hand and rubbed them while looking at me, I was about to say something until our waitress came back with our drinks and meal. I didn't touch my food like CJ didn't and we just stared at each other. I miss his grey eyes.

"Well I miss your green eyes."

"I said that out loud didn't I?"

"Yup."

We both busted out laughing at each other and ate our food in silence staring at each other, but not in the creepy way, more like loving way.