CH 32

PERRI POV

I parked hurriedly in a spot and ran to the entrance of the hospital. I stood for a minute since many of the receptionist were busy taking other people information and soon was my turn.

"Yes?"

"I was called for CJ Whales."

"I don't have that information. Are you sure about the name?"

"What about CJ Ore?"

"Oh yes in a car accident?"

"That's him."

She gave me some paperwork and soon I was on my way to the room where CJ lays. I opened the curtain and saw that CJ was in a leg cast from his foot to his thigh. I walked over slowly and sat down in the chair next to the bed. I rubbed his hand and it twitched a little. I stopped looking at him and started to write all of his information on the paper.

I was on the second page out of five when a doctor came in with a nurse.

"Hi I'm Perri." I said while sticking out my hand to shake. They both did so and introduced themselves and checked CJ's vitals. I went to sit back down and fill out the paper, and that when you heard it. A loud screeching noise, so loud it woke up CJ from his slumbers. He looked disorientated and looked at me with a gap in his mouth, but the screaming didn't stop.

"My son was hospitalized after a car accident and you don't call us instead we have to hear about it from the news!"

I looked over at CJ and he closed his eyes while signing. I put down the clipboard with paper and was about to leave when CJ grabbed my hand, and shook his head in a 'no' way. I huffed and sat down and slowly awaited the screaming to be then directed to me.

"He is my son! Want me to pull out his birth certificate!?"

I almost laughed at that, but CJ and the nurse beat me to it when they both laughed since CJ was twenty-four years old.

CJ held me arm while I was writing down his information and then the curtain swiped left harshly and with tear stained face with sadness soon turned into angry and horrid lokos.

"What in the hell are you doing here!?"

I didn't answer and continued to do my task. But as I was finishing the last page CJ's mom took my clipboard and looked through it and became even madder.

"You too are divorced! You are not supposed to be here your job is finished with my son!" I was about to get up, but instead stayed since CJ really wanted me here. I mean even changed my emergency contact list to my dad.

"Are you deaf now?" His dad asked.

"You can leave." But the sentence came from CJ himself.

"Excuse me! No sir I'm tired of how you have been treating your parents for the past ten months now. He will leave now, and you will like it either way!" His mom said loudly, but with all this screaming I was wondering where in the hell are the security, until one showed up and told me to leave since I was the problem.

"No he is my spousal support if something happens to me, so he is here by the hospital. These two though can be escorted out of here. I do not want their presence here."

The security man looked between me and the parents and took them out. Throughout the hall I could hear screaming and more screaming, but soon it all became a blur of left out noises.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.."

CJ sat there on the bed crying repeating himself, and I had the urge to hug him, and I did so. He kept crying until he became tired and asked me to lay in the bed with him.

"I want you back plum."

"No you don't, you had a mere death experience you feel a different sensation right now." I said to exercise that he was in a traumatic event.

"Plum I've wanted you back since you left. I wasn't really going to go through with the divorce. Only to scare you, and once I left I was going to come back and talk about therapy. But then you know things got out of hand."

"And that is the main reason why we shouldn't."

"Plum!"

"I hear you. I do, I really do hear you, but do you hear yourself?"

"Yes and I want my husband back. Please......"

I didn't say anything and softly caressed his head and shhed him to sleep even though he didn't want to go to sleep. He needs to think about this situation and what he really wants.

Morning soon came, and I was surprised the nurses or doctors came in to tell me to get out. But I got out of bed and put my shoes on. When I was about to walk out the door, a doctor was coming in and so was a new nurse.

"Hi Mr. Ore, its time."

"For check out?"

"Yep just need you to sign some paperwork for me, and here is his prescription. The directions on the label tell you when to take them, and in the next three weeks come back so that we can check out his leg. It was dislocated or broken, but due to his condition I was just precious of it."

I nodded my head and signed the paper, and was waking up CJ from his slumbers, and yet again he looked disorientated, but I can get that fix with some breakfast.

We left the hospital and I drove straight to McDonalds. I could enjoy a big breakfast with hotcakes.

CJ ordered the same but with an extra biscuit, sausage, egg, and hashbrown. We both sipped on water since we didn't like juice that much, nor did they head herbal tea here.

"So what happens to your truck?"

"Since it was my fault, but really wasn't since of my conditions the insurance is going to pay the other driver, and hopefully the other driver don't sue me, but the truck was totalled, and it hasn't been a year and its already totaled."

I laughed since he was being dramatic.

"Its not funny!"

I then laughed harder and went to get our food. We ate in silence, until I felt like somebody was looking at me, and when I looked up I saw CJ staring at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can we talk about yesterday?"

"No."

"Perri!"

"You are still in that traumatic phase."

"Perri I'm not. Please."

"I abused you." I emphasized the word.

"And you left me to get better."

I didn't say anything else and continued to eat my breakfast. I didn't care for his staring and soon he stooped and signed loudly.

"Will you take me home?"

"Nope. I read the prescription bottle, and one of them is a muscle reliever, and with the amount you have to take you need someone to take care of you. So is William in town still?"

"Wow..."

"What?"

"You rather take me to someone else house than to help me."

"Right now you and I are in a confusing position in our life, and I don't need you stressing at every second because of me."

"I won't and no William left when you left that day."

"More reasons to stay away from me."

"More reason to know you have self-restraint and control."

I stared at him this time, and grabbed my car keys and motioned for the door. This is going to be a long as hell three weeks.