CH 3

I was currently at my mom's house and it was game night. We had Sorry, Monopoly, Scramble, and even Twister.

Perri had showed up around ten minutes of me showing up. My mom wondered why I just didn't wait for him, while I took a sip out of my glass, just making up a lie saying I wanted to spend more mom and son time with her. Yet with that she let it go to go hug her son-in-law.

I left to go to the living room where the games were displayed and a movie on. I didn't remember the movie, but it seemed good. As I was about to lay my head down Perri came to sit beside me, and I lifted my head back up. I'm not mad. This has become our current situation together for a while, so I tend not to dwell on things. Yet Perri looked at me with confusion.

"I thought you were about to lay your head down?"

But I shaked my head showing him I wasn't and I wrapped the blanket from behind the couch around me, until Perri tried to get inside too, when I wouldn't let him. But my dad had hit me on the head and said, "And that is why we all call you tart. You become sour over anything and everything!" and everyone began to laugh at the comment, and then Perri got into the blanket.

I didn't want to draw any kind of conclusion that there was something wrong with Perri and I, so I played along, put on a smile on my face, and likely always placed second in most games except Monopoly, since I know my money. And after about another hour later we put a movie on while eating a slider that I excused myself from the room and went into the bathroom. I locked the door and sat in the tub to recline and relax my thoughts. I played some music on low volume and began to slip more into the tub and started to hum. I was about to set my phone to ring in another five minutes until I heard a knock on the door.

"Baby are you okay?" Ugh! Stop calling me baby Dom.That is what I exactly said.

"Ugh! Stop calling me baby Dom! It's not funny anymore!"

He began to laugh and could hear it clearly through the door, until I got up and opened the door to see him leaning against the threshold.

"What's up Dom?"

"Nothing really, I just wanted to see if you were okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't-" But was cut off when he grabbed my hand and looked in my eyes.

"He can be a real asshole sometimes, but I don't need to tell you that. Please if something is wrong talk about it, try to fix it, before you call quits on anything. Just because you are my son-in-law, doesn't mean I won't break my son's legs for breaking your heart." And with that kissed me on my forehead and left the threshold of the bathroom. And so did I.

I made it back to the living to see Dom and Perri arguing, but couldn't hear what they were saying. And when I got to the last step they both looked at me while Dom left with an angered face and Perri came to me saying, "Hey last minute thing I need to go to the office and send in some paperwork in order for the factories to start working at opening, you don't mind right?" But all I knew in my head was it was eleven o'clock at night, and that this wasn't the first time to happen, so with a nod of my head he left. The closed without a goodbye, a kiss, not even a hug. I went to the living room, sat down on the couch and laid my head down with the blanket over me, and decided it was game night, have fun.

I decided to sleep over last night and when I woke up I smelled bacon, sausage, and french sticks, and not from scratch, but from Walmart freezer aisle.

I headed down and saw a plate was already made for me, making me smile, but before I could eat my dad walked in and said to wait for everyone else, my plate was just fixed first.

As I waited I saw Perri come in, but not with what he had on yesterday, but pajamas on as well. He sat next to me with his plate then served and looked at me with a smile, but soon dropped when he looked at my hand.

"Where's your ring at?"

"I don't sleep with it on"

"Are you asleep?"

I looked at him for long time and he did as well, and didn't back down, so I got up from my seat to get my wedding rings off of my nightstand, but soon heard my door closed and looked to see Perri, but with a mad face. He walked towards me and grabbed my elbow harshly and said.

"Don't take that ring off under any circumstance do you hear me? Do you hear me!" He yelled-whispered at the same time while gripping my harder. With a yes coming out of my mouth he let go and grabbed my hand and made sure that the ring was tucked onto my finger.

"What in the hell is wrong with you. You don't ever lay your hand on me." Standing my ground, because one thing for certain nobody lays their hands on me.

"Nothing, what's wrong with you? Walking out without your ring, shirtless, and not caring about your surroundings."

"Excuse me if I sleep wild and sometimes hit my face that I don't want to wake up with scratches all over me. And shirtless I'm at home, specifically my parents they don't give a damn. So don't you ever put your dirty hands on me. I let a lot of things slide for a while, but do this shit again and I promise you won't see me for good." And pushed him out of the way, but he grabbed me and put his face directly in front of mine.

"Let what slide, huh?"

I stare at him not wanting to say anything, because I really had nothing to say. He then lets me go and heads back downstairs and acts as if he didn't just manhandle me for not having my ring on and being shirtless in front of my mom and dad.

I twisted my ring to the side to relieve pain coming from my finger and walked to the dining room and sat down while we all ate breakfast, yet I didn't look one time at Perri.