CH 25

CJ POV

It was currently nine o'clock in the morning and I was at Michael's buying more supplies for the new project for Perri. With the ideas that he gave me I thought it might be hard to complete, but since I researched everything that he wanted it all looked easy, and now all I need was more paint and accessories.

Selecting a seaweed green, bare pink, gypsum, and onyx paint colors. Wow I always buy paint, but I always become confused due to the different names of paint.

Later on I was about to purchase the supplies when a person came behind me and held my waist. I screamed so loud I believe Bath & Body Works could hear me, and they are six stores away.

"I'm sorry I keep forgetting that you scare easily."

And soon I was turning to the voice and saw Jacob. Jacob was the owner who I had made the poster for previously.

"Jacob! Oh my God! Don't do that!"

"I said I was sorry!"

"Ugh! What do you want? Did the poster fall down as well?"

"Nope I was actually here shopping for paint as well since Celia announced that she has a bun in the oven."

"Omg! No for real? Congrats!"

I hugged Jacob and continued to congrat him on the new addition to his family. Jacob and Celia actually have been married to each other for a decade now and have been dating since high school. They were such a beautiful couple and now they're going to be a beautiful family.

"I know thanks!"

I purchased my paint and so did Jacob and we both walked to my truck and packed the paint in.

"Thank you, but I should be helping you out." I exclaimed.

"You already helped enough, especially with that huge discount."

"Hey you depend on someone to put up your sign for insurance that it wouldn't fall, yet it did. So I have no problem giving you the total."

Jacob and I continued to talk at my truck before he left after receiving text messages that Celia wanted McDonalds, and now.

I set my gps to a restaurant for early brunch since I didn't eat breakfast.

I entered on the highway heading from Atlanta to Winder for a quiet meal since nothing really happened in Winder.

As I entered the restaurant I was led to a table and since I didn't take any of my meds I ordered mojito. I looked through the menu and soon the front door of the restaurant opened. I didn't look up and continue to search for something to eat, until the chair from my table was pulled. I leaned my menu down and soon saw Perri in a suit and with his hair gelled back.

"Hi I would like a mojito please, thank you."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I come here every Wednesday for their specials, what about you?"

"I didn't eat breakfast since I was on a mission this morning and decided to have an early brunch."

"Well we both can enjoy a meal, but I'm paying for my own."

I smiled at Perri and shook my head and continued to look through the menu while Perri just looked on his phone. Well I guess he does come here often to know what he wants.

Soon the waitress came back to the table and sat down both of our mojitos and asked were we both ready, to which Perri of course answered first, "Baked tilapia with steamed zucchini and broccoli, with loaded potato soup."

"And for you sir?"

"Chicken alfredo with pesto sauce and a house salad on the side with ranch."

The waitress nodded her head and left and soon I was sipping my mojito while Perri was still on his phone.

"You know if you want to sit at the table with me then you need to either talk to me or use another form of communication with me, because I came here with the intention of being at peace."

With my words Perri finally looked at me and sat his phone down on the table and took a sip out of his mojito.

"Well what do you want to talk about?"

"Well for first do you have time to be going from Atlanta to Winder every Wednesdays?"

"Yes, because I make time, and also I'm the CEO and I can make my own rules."

"Right, right. Anywho....."

"Well do you have time to be traveling from Atlanta to Winder?"

"Yes I actually do since my employer gave me an unlimited time to complete his art pieces." I said it all with a smile.

"Oh well that is correct as well."

"Ugh fine lets do your way since this is so awkward for the both of us."

And with that Perri goes back to his phone and I day dream looking out the window while I wait for my food.