CH 18

It was now eleven o'clock and I'm currently still in the office. The paperwork and response, along with reports gets tiring after a while. I was about to call it a night when my office phone began to ring. I thought who could be calling this late for furniture, so I ignored it for the morning, but once the ringing stop it ranged gain, and I answered the phone.

"Pallets, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but our working hours are closed, if you could call back tomorrow that would be great."

"So when did you come back?"

I froze when I heard my father's voice, and since I still can't handle my family right now I hung the phone up. I looked around me for a while and decided to continue the paperwork.

Soon eleven o'clock turned to one o'clock then that turned into three then five then eight, and by this time a few employees were coming in early, while I hadn't even left the office. Luckily I brought my medicine with me and popped a pill in my mouth, and rang my assistant to get me breakfast.

I went to my ensuite built into my office and changed into a new suit, and brushed my teeth. I came back to see that there were McDonalds on my desk and dove in. Since I stayed the night doing work I didn't have anything else to worry about except the new incoming request and business offer to worry about. I was about to lay on my couch until my assistant had something for me, and Darren came in and whistled.

"Damn I didn't know you worked that good, because I promised you I couldn't figure one word in those reports. I may be your right hand man, but that's only for financial stand points."

I laughed while laying down. I was glad to be back to work, but not glad to know my dad knows I'm back. Now CJ's dad and mom know and soon CJ will. I wonder if I stay away and keep low will they find me. What the hell am I doing. I came back, because I wasn't running away anymore, now look at me doing the exact same shit.

I forgot Darren was in the office until he sat on my stomach and made me lose air.

"What the hell is your problem?!"

"I asked you a question, and you wasn't responding."

"Well ask again dumbass!"

"Your father is at the reception, do you want them to let him in?"

"No, tell the reception that I just left, and that I will call him later."

I rubbed my stomach in pain and gave Darren a dirty look. I was about to lay down again, but my door opened and to see at the door was my assistant with a manila folder and other paperwork.

"This is a business agreement deal, and the owner wants to have lunch with you about it at twelve thirty today, and these other paperwork are negotiations, and requestment of order for a few businesses."

After that she leaves the office and I head to my desk. See I never become bored when at work. There is always something to do. Yet soon that dinner arrangement was to come fast. I locked my computer and put on my blazer and left the office with my assistant in step. We both used the private elevator to my truck, and my assistant at first questioned the truck, and I had explained I brought it when I first came back.

I put the directions into my phone and we both headed out. Luckily there wasn't a heavy amount of traffic here in Atlanta, because it always is.

I sat with potential offer, signed, ate, and left. I headed back to the office and my assistant left after retrieving her belongings. I stayed in my office for a while until all of my employees are gone. I decided to go home and take a shower and eat some good food.

Once I got into the parking garage I saw that someone was parked in my parking spot, so I parked in my extra spot. I may need to go to the reception and get this figured out, but that can all wait until tomorrow. I pressed the tenth floor and was soon walking out of the elevator. There were only three rooms on every floor so I walked to the the last door on the floor and opened my door, when I walked into the loft I sat down all my paperwork that I was going to work on before bed, but when I lifted my head I saw my dad sitting on the floor with his phone in his hand.

"I went to your office and the receptionist said that you had left out of the office, so I decided to come here."

I walked inside the loft and closed the door.

"You got a new car then? I thought you wouldn't ever give away your mustang."

"Nope I just brought another car."

He nodded his head while I stood next to the door waiting for him to say something or do something.

"Does CJ know you're back?"

"No and I would like for you to not say anything. He is happy and has moved on."

"You think he's happy and moved on. He left his parents and hasn't spoken to them for five months now, because of the phone call you made to him. CJ live here in Atlanta, because he knows how much his parents hate the city. CJ hasn't even looked at someone in those months since you both have been divorced."

"Okay now that you have said what you wanted you can leave now."

"So is this the way you are going to live life now. Ignoring everyone that used to love you, or still love you?"

"Dad.....I just got back, can you please just fucking leave. For once in your life listen to me and leave! I don't need what you are selling or trying to advertise. I'm finally happy and so is everyone else that used to be in my life, so yes if cutting everyone out of my past life is how I'm going to live than damnit that is how it's going to go."

I opened my door for him to leave and soon after taking a while getting up and leaving I close my door. Ugh! Now I may have to go to CJ before he starts to blab about me being back. I started to ruffle my head harshly and went upstairs to my bed.