CH 39

We spent an entire week in Florida before we decided to come back to civilization. Again it took ten hours before we made it back to Georgia due to traffic. Yet luckily we made it back to my loft alive.

CJ took out the wagon and started to load it up to head to the loft while I went to the landlord to get mail, packages, and etc.

"Hey I'm back!" I said while smiling.

"I'm glad you get to much stuff in the mail."

I was handed three huge packages and a bag of mail, courteously from the landlord.

I took the elevator to my floor and walked to my door entering the passcode in.

"CJ! Did you order some things and have them sent here?!" I yelled since I didn't see him on the main floor.

"CJ?!"

I put down everything in my hand and laid the packages on the floor gently. I walked up the stairs and saw CJ in the corner of the bedroom. I almost laughed thinking he may have fell asleep on the floor until I saw his shoulders shake.

I walk to him and saw that he was holding a diamond ring.

"Is this why you asked that question about marriage?" CJ asked.

"No."

"Then why do you have a shiny ass diamond ring under the mattress? Huh?"

"Because I saw it and decided to buy it. There is nothing much about it."

"Then why hide it? Why not show me it?"

"Look where you are now. Honestly look at where you are and all the billions thoughts traveling in your head only for something so small."

"Small? You think this is small? This is bigger than the ring you brought me for our marriage!"

"Okay don't start yelling. We are talking."

"Talking for what!? Because it seems you already made up your own decision about everything in our relationship!"

"No I'm not! I asked you that question in Florida to know where we stand in this relationship not to propose to you even when you clearly said no that you're not ready for marriage again."

"Then go take this ring back. Get a refund and if you can throw it away, pawn it for all I care."

And CJ threw the ring at me. I watched as it hit my chest and landed on the floor. I didn't bend down and pick it up instead I walked down the stair and started to put things away.

"Throw it away Perri! Now!" CJ screamed from the top floor again throwing the ring to the main floor. I heard the bathroom door shut and looked at the ring he has thrown twice now. This time I did pick up the ring and shedded a tear at the beautiful thing.

I brought this ring when I first came back to the states. I thought the ring could symbolize something such as a new turn over in life for me.

I crouched down to the floor and held the ring in my fingers. I whipped the tear from my face and put the ring in my pocket. Such a welcome home I've received.

Once everything was put up I opened some mail and looked through of what was important and not.

I kept the important ones and put them down in the dresser part of the living room table and shredded the non important ones to throw away. I pulled the duvet off the couch and wrapped myself in it and turned on my tv.

I wasn't in the mode for 'The Return of Superman' so I started to watch 'Flower of Evil'. The summary sounded like the drama was going to be good.

I was a third in the show when I saw a shadow in front of me. Guessing it may be CJ.